• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
An all-new HD adventure from WayForward: makers of Ducktales Remastered, Adventure Time, & Contra 4!
Shantae Half-Genie heroes is possible game on kickstarter made by Wayforward who made the awesome Mighty Switch Force games, a Boy and His Blob Wii, and many others already covered in the opening quote, etc.​
Right now it has reached ~$416,850, which is actually PAST the goal so the game is going to be made!​
Just $15 gets you the game!
It will be available on these systems:​
unlike Mighty No. 9 which has to reach the absurd $3 mil to get onto some of those​
However, just being greenlighted is not good enough! There are some awesome stretch goals that should be met!​
Without more support, they aren't even going to reach the first, and they ALL sound awesome. The game, Riskey's revenge is featuring the costume swap option RIGHT NOW if you buy it on the iOS for free! (I believe)​
It doesn't even take as much money as Mighty No. 9 to get some awesome prizes! (Though there isn't AS much awesome prizes)​
It needs your support today!​

Some of the people creating the game include:​
Matt Bozon: Director of Contra 4, Mighty Switch Force!, and the Shantae series is back in the director’s chair, making odd noises and leading the charge.​
Jake Kaufman: Fund this pup for the soundtrack alone! He composed the previous Shantae OST's and we wouldn’t have it any other way.​
WF Animation Team: Character animation and visual design provided by our battle-hardened feature film veterans... the same crack team that brought you a Boy and His Blob, Batman: the Brave and the Bold, and Ducktales: Remastered.​
Inti Creates: The developer that brought you the Mega Man series is providing character concepts and illustrations!​
Mariel Cartwright: the Lead Animator for the much acclaimed 2D fighter Skullgirls is also animating Shantae!​
Gigi Digi: Best known for her work on Cucumber Quest! Gigi is the source of these beautifully stylized backgrounds.​
WF 3D Team: From environments to VFX, our diverse 3D talent has amazing range. Who else can build both Duckburg and Silent Hill?​
WF Engine Team: Our engine tech is world class. PC based, 1080p, and the silky smooth 60 frames-per-second our games demand.​
WF STAFF: Last but certainly not least, our programmers, level designers, directors, department leads, writers, testers and producers (defenders of your funds and our deadlines) are all on board.​

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'm very glad to see it funded. I'm hoping that the 900k goal is reached but...it probably won't.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I did my fair share of donating. I do hope that they can gather more time for donations to have some more levels, it would be a shame to have this Shantae being too short like Risky's Revenge, (though I'm pretty sure this game would have a nice length to it even without the extra levels).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It looks like at least Shantae is going to reach $500,000 and have Risky Boots as playable

I'd like it if they all got playable, along with the costumes and extra levels

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Transformations revealed (Possible transformations, they are going to be voted on)

I always thought the harpy was topless. Maybe they decided to give it a top now that it's HD so people don't get angry. I wonder if the mermaid is getting a top as well

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ For an underrated game, Shantae has a lot of donations. I do hope it gets at least 1 million so it can have voice acting, but that's wishful thinking, lol.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
900k is in sight so I REALLY hope it gets there. It'll take some pushing but playing as Bolo, Sky and Rotty?
would be incredible

Top Bottom