• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae Gets Smashified!

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Bigger fan base!? Somebody's never used the internet. Also a better question would be "If he's Wario's partner in crime why hasn't he been in ANY Wario game?"
And this what I mean when I say Waluigi is an unimportant side character Nintendo doesn't care about. I remember when he was cut in MK7 and everybody started crying.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Bigger fan base!? Somebody's never used the internet. Also a better question would be "If he's Wario's partner in crime why hasn't he been in ANY Wario game?"
This. I hate how people keep trying to pretend like he has been important in the Mario Universe at all when his only important role is in the Mario dance game. And then people try and push him as a Wario rep but he's never appeared in the Wario games. Let characters get in for their own uniqueness and importance, especially for a franchise as big as Mario. Give him a few more important roles and then we'll talk.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
:facepalm: but waluigi is alot better than rosalina, and has a way too bigger fanbase, also why wtf doesn't he have his own game?

For the record Waluigi's my Crusade main, but as far as Sakurai's games he's never making him playable.

EyexSore

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theultimatetater
3DS FC
0259-0815-3282
This looks completely excellent. My ballot's been casted, my body is reggie, my fingers are crossed. Let's see what you do, Sakurai. (I mean either way, the game is still perfect with characters as is, but let's make it perfect-er.)

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
eh i really do not want shantae. I just want either king k rool, wolf or krystal. even banjoe i'll feel would be a better pick for a third party rep. If you can't have k rool in, then at least wolf or krystal

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I don't know who she is nor why'd people want her so bad :(
I barely know her too, but she's basically a combat chick and magic girl all rolled into one. She's the kind of character that would basically create herself and give her plenty of options that would be considered canon on her terms. If not her, we need another female. We need more female characters in this game. Mostly to show dumb (exploit deleted) like Anita Derpkisian that women in video games are actually kick ass people. Which given the current female lineup there is only one that actually shows competance and confidence, which is Zero Suit Samus (not her power suit counterpart). The rest are either sitting ducks if you get too close, can't fight head on, require mind games to do anything, or are so fragile that looking at them will kill them. So. . . Yeah. Not looking so good on the female side of the game, y'all.

So there's many reasons to want Shantae versus just the "I really like them is all." reason. Which is a good reason too, but. . . You can't put a price on rubbing a neo-feminist's face in their own sexist and self-defeating stupidity. Moar kickass and competent females pls.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I barely know her too, but she's basically a combat chick and magic girl all rolled into one. She's the kind of character that would basically create herself and give her plenty of options that would be considered canon on her terms. If not her, we need another female. We need more female characters in this game. Mostly to show dumb (exploit deleted) like Anita Derpkisian that women in video games are actually kick *** people. Which given the current female lineup there is only one that actually shows competance and confidence, which is Zero Suit Samus (not her power suit counterpart). The rest are either sitting ducks if you get too close, can't fight head on, require mind games to do anything, or are so fragile that looking at them will kill them. So. . . Yeah. Not looking so good on the female side of the game, y'all.

So there's many reasons to want Shantae versus just the "I really like them is all." reason. Which is a good reason too, but. . . You can't put a price on rubbing a neo-feminist's face in their own sexist and self-defeating stupidity. Moar kickass and competent females pls.
Here's the thing about Anita: She's only as well known as she is because she's a professional victim. In other words, even when presented with evidence contrary to her claims, she will deny it, or claim harassment, because she has a major financial stake in being seen as the victim. You can show all of the strong female characters in gaming to her, but you will be ignored.

If you want her to go away, ignore her. She doesn't seem to be taken seriously by most of the industry, so she's not a threat. The gaming public has long ago made our opinions clear on her ideas, we've called her out on her lies, and everything has been ignored by her and her supporters. We've said all there is to say. Ignore her. Don't watch her videos, don't talk about her. Eventually she'll do something else, because she can no longer make money by pretending to be a victim.

That said, most feminists aren't Machiavellian, just most of the well-known ones. Most of the rank-and-file feminists just been listening to the wrong people, and might be too indoctrinated to see you as anything but a threat. Feel free to try to convince them all you like. It may work, or it may not.

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
I just recently sold my loose copy of Shantae GBC to someone locally for $200.

She's got moves, she's fits in perfectly, but she's not very well-known (as indicated by how rare and valued that game I sold was)

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
I don't even care how she looks here, I'm just glad she's more popular now. Even if by a little.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Can we get a Ridley Smashified next?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Haha, I appreciate your honest feedback. =) Though to be honest, this has literally been said of every single entry in the series, right next to people who say things like "this one is much better than all the rest," so I at this point I don't know what to take at face value. XP

There are a lot of subtle things that cue people off to noticing whether or not something is 3D or 2D, and for different people, it's different things. One image might resonate as 3D to one person while looking completely 2D to another. It really has everything to do with how your brain has developed and what aspects of resonate with the way each person perceives things.

Obviously the goal is to capture every aspect of a 3D render, but we're only able to be so consistent, especially when different artists are involved. But as long as a majority of people are happy with it, I feel like we did our job adequately. We shoot for having 100% of people on board, but obviously that's a lofty goal that most likely will never be reached. =P
Not to be a nag, but the only problem anyone I've spoken to has with this is that Shantae doesn't look happy. I thought that was sort of silly, but somebody put a simple open smile on your render and i loved it! Everyone else thought similarly. Someone said you edited Rayman, so could you put a smile on Shantae? an easy fix for a near flawless render.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I see CNMNE supports a Ridley Smasified. See Omni? That's two votes, right there.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Panned out this one looks 3D, but when zoomed in the 2D truth is more glaring. I've been checking these out as you make them and so far Travis and K Rool look the most convincing imo. Keep up the good work Omni!

Top Bottom