• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Sneak and You

PlasticSilver

Smash Rookie
NNID
EyelessVagabond
3DS FC
3496-9511-1528
Alright, so I've been playing Sm4sh on the Wii U, trying to learn him on the big screen as well as on the small screen, and after being satisfied (as well as I could be) I returned to him on 3DS.

Unfortunately, now that I've returned to the 3DS, Shadow Sneak (Side-B) has become difficult for me to see, leaving me open for attack, or an overshoot.

Has anyone had this problem? Should I just refrain from using it on 3DS, or just play on better lit stages?

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
The best thing to do is to learn the timing of the attack and use your knowledge to tell when the shadow is at what distance. Make sure you know at what point the shadow becomes fully extended and learn how quickly it moves so that you can judge where you'll reappear when you release it early.

You should be watching your opponent, not the shadow.

Last edited:

PlasticSilver

Smash Rookie
NNID
EyelessVagabond
3DS FC
3496-9511-1528
I should've clarified. I watch the shadow as it comes out and before it touches the target, essentially to make sure that i'm not just gonna kick dust in their face, and to make sure i didnt screw up the input.

Regardless, thank you for the tip, i'll certainly start counting and timing the shadow. Thanks!

Top Bottom