• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SH/FH Bair/Fair Hit/Miss

tekkie

Smash Master
Rising SH Bair hits everything EXCEPT:
(In addition, to hit these guys with a SH shine is extremely hard. I mean, SH jumpshine but frame perfect or something kind of hard.)

Kirby
Meta Knight
Olimar
Pikachu

Sometimes hits, depending on distance or something:
NOTE: these guys are also extremely difficult to SH shine.

Ivysaur
Squirtle
Mr. Game and Watch
Wolf

Rising FH Bair/Fair hits:

Peach
Bowser
DK
Yoshi
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Samus
Pit
Dedede
ROB
Falco
Captain Falcon
Marth
Ike
Snake

Also, we need to start listing moves that might beat bair even when spaced correctly and/or cannot be punished with fsmash when shielded. Let's start a list and see if we can get these tested.

-ROB's ftilt
-MK's everything
-DK moves - bair, tilts, smashes?
-DDD's ftilt

LIST OF SORT-OF-USEFUL WOLF FUN FACTS

-Wolf Flash (sideB) and Fire Wolf (upB) can be b-reversed. The timing window on Fire Wolf isn't too strict. It has pretty much no known use. Wolf Flash has very strict timing and, besides looking kinda funny, is also not useful.
-The only ledgedropped doublejumped aerials that allow Wolf to regrab (i.e. drop ledge, double jump, aerial, regrab the ledge) are shine and bair. Shine can only hit the opponent if they are right on the edge.
-A star appears briefly over Wolf's head when he uses his down aerial/spike. Just because.
-Wolf can cross under Smashville and Battlefield.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
What about SH fair, is it the same list as bair? Because the final hitbox for fair dips down a bit, idk...

For the punishable part, DK's punch, wtf. Anything with a pull-back effect or super armor really sucks imo, but most aren't that fast or have mediocre range.

Also, gj, finally a productive thread ;D

:059:

tekkie

Smash Master
What about SH fair, is it the same list as bair? Because the final hitbox for fair dips down a bit, idk...

For the punishable part, DK's punch, wtf. Anything with a pull-back effect or super armor really sucks imo, but most aren't that fast or have mediocre range.

Also, gj, finally a productive thread ;D

pretty sure SH fair hits everyone at some distance. i dont think the distance difference is worth getting into.

i also forgot about punishing w/fsmash OoS. probably most of the same moves, really. forgot DDD's ftilt.

JCav

Smash Lord
i had a theory (cuz i know ish loves them)

i thought maybe just MAYBE if you did a reverse flash it would give you more distance?

**** me if im wrong but im wrong

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
i had a theory (cuz i know ish loves them)

i thought maybe just MAYBE if you did a reverse flash it would give you more distance?

**** me if im wrong but im wrong
<3

Wait, so you tried it already? To be honest, I'm still not completely giving up on that blaster recovery theory I had a long time ago xD Man, one day I really need to test all of this out :p

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
Random tidbits.

SH Fair against a standing MK has the approximate range of a Usmash.
SH Fair against a standing Snake has the approximate range of a hyphen Usmash.

The difference is astounding. SH Bair's range is even worse on shorter characters given its smaller vertical hitbox.

Top Bottom