• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFX oversite?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I just noticed 2 things about ivysaurs SFX

theres no sound for his entry animation and theres also no sound for when his down b spore projectile hits the ground.
Found it kinda weird

Has anyone mentioned this before?

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
hm i honestly didnt notice. interesting. i feel like the PMBR wont fix it, just because its a rather subtle point that has no effect on the game itself. but its an interesting fact hahah

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Pay attention next time you play.. once you hear it (or in this case don't hear it) you wont be able to un-hear it.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
well ya its not like the end of the world.. it just seems strange/like it was missed or something

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
yeah haha thats definitely interesting. also, i know that ivysaur is lacking a winning animation. she only has 1, while most other characters have 2 different ones.

Swann

Smash Journeyman
I nominate her "teetering" animation for an alternate winning pose.

That **** is too cute.

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
TC makes an interesting point. I didn't realize the lack of sfx until you mentioned it lol. Now I find Ivy's entrance somewhat empty, and compared with Charizard and Squirtle's stomp and splash noises it's even more noticable. Seed bomb doesn't bug me much as there's already an on hit sfx for the pores.

Although not a major concern, it would be nice if the team placed a "plop" like noise for Ivy's entrance in the future =)

ss118

Smash Master
A random glitch with Ivysaur I noticed is that if you have less % than you would heal, you just don't heal. Not really a "glitch" I guess, since the reasoning behind it is because the game might register into the "negative %" that brawl- actually allows. I'm sure the PM developers could find a way to make the game read that " 3 - 4 = 0"

Revven

FrankerZ
It's not an oversight, we knew about Down B spore not having SFX. We couldn't figure out how to get SFX for the spore for Down B because of the way the projectile is coded. Not sure about the entry, but it's not really a big deal. There's actually an entry or two I think that don't have SFX as well, or very little SFX anyway. It's nothing that foreign, imo.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Well, if anyone's interested in something to use for the entry, this is what I use in PSA:

Code:
Asynchronous Timer: frames=5
Sound Effect: 15E0
Sound Effect: 15E0 (I don't know how to increase the volume using one line)
Synchronous Timer: frames=46
Sound Effect: 15FF
Low Voice Clip:
Don't forget to do this for both entries, or you could just use "Goto" or "Sub Routine."

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Well, if anyone's interested in something to use for the entry, this is what I use in PSA:

Code:
Low Voice Clip:
Don't forget to do this for both entries, or you could just use "Goto" or "Sub Routine."
Perfect! great choices on that

Dng3

Smash Apprentice

Code:
Low Voice Clip:
Wow very nice. Is it possible to get a video of it in action?

Top Bottom