• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest SFC17! NEW CENTRAL VENUE (AC)! Random 3v3!

SFC17! NEW CENTRAL VENUE (AC)! Random 3v3!
Posted by Krebs
The Heights Bar
Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 02:00 PM
Until: Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Krebs

Smash Journeyman

Welcome to Smash Fight Club! This is SFC17!

The Sm4sh Sunday weekly for Houston, Texas!

At the new venue The Heights Bar, SFC continues with the side event of RANDOMLY PAIRED 3v3s!

We will put all of the player's individual names into a hat, and draw them one by one, creating random teams of 3!

The only catch is that at this venue smashers age 17 and younger can not attend. However, feel free to tune in to the stream! As always it will be twitch.tv/SmashUnited!
So come on down and get your match streamed and put onto youtube!

THE VENUE:

The Heights Bar!

A very spacious central Houston bar that is more than happy to have us come in and play smash.

Hours: 2:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
(Opens 3 hours earlier than its usual 5pm time for the tournament)

No outside food or drink allowed. (Besides water bottles)
Please be respectful of the venue and eat food outside.
If you need a break to leave to get food mid bracket, ask first if you have time or you risk getting disqualified.

SCHEDULE:

2:00 p.m. - The Smash United Team begins setting up
2:30 p.m. - 1v1 and randomly grouped 3v3 registration begins
3:00 p.m. - 3v3 random groupings start, then tournament begins
5:00 p.m. - 1v1 Tournament begins

Event Fees

$5 Venue fee
(waived for bringing a TV+Wii U+Sm4sh+GC Adapter with everything needed unlocked) Wii U must be updated to current format

$5 1v1
$5 Randomly grouped 3v3

PAYOUT (100% payout of event fees)

1v1

1-31 entrants
1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%

32 entrants+
1st: 50%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%

5th: 5%
5th: 5%

3v3
7 teams or less
1st: 75%

8 teams+
1st: 60%
3rd: 15%

RULESET

1v1

Neutrals:

- BattleField/Miiverse (meaning if you strike one, you strike both)
- Smashville
- Town and City
- Dreamland
- Final Destination

Counterpicks:

- Wuhu island
- Delfino plaza
- Skyloft
- Duck hunt
- Halberd
- Castle Siege
- Lylat Cruise
- Any omega stage (banning this also bans FD)

Stage Striking Order:
1-2-pick for starters and TWO bans for the winner after that for every game

3v3

Stage List
Starters:

• BattleField/Miiverse
    • Smashville
    • Pyrosphere
    • Any Omega Stage (The team picking this picks the version)
    • Pokemon Stadium 2
Counterpicks:
    • Norfair
    • Town and City
    • Big Battlefield
    • Kongo Jungle 64
    • Castle Siege
    • Duck Hunt
    • Dreamland
    • Wii Fit Studio/Coliseum
    • Bridge of Eldin
    • Mario Circuit (Brawl)
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Hyrule Castle
    • Peach's Castle
    • Suzaku Castle
Stage Striking order:
RPS for first ban
1-2-pick for the first round

After round 1, the winning team bans THREE stages, and the losing team counterpicks.

3 stocks
8 minute time limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
Team attack ON in doubles
Equipment is banned
Custom moves are banned
Pausing results in a stock loss, unless it is for the opposing player's controller malfunction.

ADDITIONAL EVENT INFORMATION
As always with my events, I will have the stage pick order printed out and available at every setup.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me on Facebook
For more information regarding the Houston Smash 4 community, refer to these :4link:s.
Houston Smash 4 (1,297 members strong as of 9/23/2015)
Houston Smash Wii U SWF thread
Smash Fight Club 16's Champion was DJ Fliphop:4diddy:

Any and ALL feedback after this tournament will be taken into consideration and will serve to improve everyone's experience at future SFC events.

Ewerkakid

Smash Rookie
NNID
TNT_Frag
3DS FC
0920-2460-2471
Wait... Only 18+ can enter the venue? Are you serious? I thought this game was meant for children, which is many of the players out there. I see you losing a lot of your contenders. It just doesn't make sense to me, having the venue available to only adults. I prefer you move back to the previous venue. I really wanted to attend this tournament, but since I'm 13, I can't. Can you please move back after this tournament? Many players in Houston are under 18 and want to play Smash 4 with other players that are not online. And this is the only Smash scene in Houston (at least from what I see). Just please move back. Make the tournament accessible to all ages. Please!

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Wait... Only 18+ can enter the venue? Are you serious? I thought this game was meant for children, which is many of the players out there. I see you losing a lot of your contenders. It just doesn't make sense to me, having the venue available to only adults. I prefer you move back to the previous venue. I really wanted to attend this tournament, but since I'm 13, I can't. Can you please move back after this tournament? Many players in Houston are under 18 and want to play Smash 4 with other players that are not online. And this is the only Smash scene in Houston (at least from what I see). Just please move back. Make the tournament accessible to all ages. Please!

The old venue was cramped and had no AC, this is centralized and is 10/10 a good move. We've only had a handful of smashers each event 17 and younger. Also, if you PM me that you are from East/North/West/South Houston, I can refer you to other events in our city that happen either every week or every other week.

Wormy.EXE

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wormy567
The old venue was cramped and had no AC, this is centralized and is 10/10 a good move. We've only had a handful of smashers each event 17 and younger. Also, if you PM me that you are from East/North/West/South Houston, I can refer you to other events in our city that happen either every week or every other week.
I would love to go as well, but its in a bar and I'm only 14. I would also like to know what tourneys are near my area. I live in the southern west side of Houston which is sugar land, Texas. The only tourneys I know of is SFC and insomnia.

Thank you. ☺

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
I would love to go as well, but its in a bar and I'm only 14. I would also like to know what tourneys are near my area. I live in the southern west side of Houston which is sugar land, Texas. The only tourneys I know of is SFC and insomnia.

Thank you. ☺
Sorry about the late reply. This is a FB group with Smash events in West Houston. Not too bad for ya. They alternate between Smash 4, Melee, and PM every Friday. Meaning there is a Smash 4 tourney there once every 3 Fridays.

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
I know this is months later but here is this Sunday's event page.

We're now at University of Houston and all events are open to all ages!

Top Bottom