• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Settle it... in Smash! 10/13 - Ness + Magicant

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Hey everyone, it's me again.

For the past month or so, I've been working with a couple other people in the attempt to give birth to something new and interesting. There are plenty of pro players out there to stream content, so unless I became one of those pros I wasn't likely to get a large amount of followers or interest.

So instead of a classic Stream, I thought it might be interesting to go for a Podcast. Well, eventually it could evolve into a stream, but I'm a very new person to this with very little money and resources at my disposal.

So I believe in creating essentially a miniature talk show for Smash Bros 3DS and maybe Wii U in the future.

What we would talk about part 1

To start with, I want to attempt to draw more attention to the idea of Smash Clans: http://smashboards.com/social-forums/super-smash-clans.1749/

That would only be a short bit though, as the Clans haven't gained momentum. I would like to eventually share tournament and Smash Clan League results on this program, much like how a professional sports program would do. To that end, if you would like your tournament to be featured, I would ask you to contact me in a separate conversation.

I do not currently possess a Wii U, game capture, or 3DS capture/streaming device. Therefore I myself cannot currently create highlights from events. I hope to change this in the future, and if this idea catches people's interest it will help me begin to accumulate those items to continue spreading the smash scene.

This portion is the most controversial section at this time as well as the most difficult to pull off, especially since I do not have a capture card. I do understand this, and as I said I hope to change that in time. I just could not put forward a large amount of money without testing the idea first. Because the competitive scene is unlikely to take off for a few months, this is the perfect time to run those tests.

What we would talk about Part 2

The major draw of the show right now Is the character and stage breakdown. Half-X and I will be compiling weekly notes on a character (including customization options for their specials). This may sometimes be a character comparison segment instead for such instances as Marth and Lucina, Mario and Dr. Mario and Pit and Dark Pit. If it is a comparison week, we will not have a stage breakdown that time.

ElectricCitrus is our resident stage breakdown man. Each week (Unless it is a comparison week) he will study a particular stage and give tips and tricks involved when fighting on that stage. He will also provide a quick explanation as to how competitively viable the stage is.

What we would talk about Part 3

If there is enough time within a nice and short 30 minute segment, I would like to do a small segment about smash history. This may be something interesting that happened over the course of Smash's evolution, a personal smash story of one of the hosts or a guest, or perhaps eventually a chance to get a pro on the show to answer a few questions. This segment would likely lead into the end of the show.

Finishing Thoughts

I wanted to keep it short and sweet while also making it interesting, so I decided these shows will last only 30 minutes. They will take place every Monday at 5 pm PST/8 pm EST. If you're interested, please join us October 6th for the first show!

The twitch channel is: http://www.twitch.tv/rpgatwill

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I should mention the title of the Podcast has been changed to "Settle It In Smash!"

First character we will be doing will be mega man. What has the game showed us that demo didn't?
Megaman's specials are going to be a big part of it I think. Of course his viability in 1 v 1s will be pretty important to. Today I'm going to try and grind out Megaman's specials in Smash Run. Then tomorrow I can do a bunch of 1 v 1s.

Also we should play on Wily's Castle to help out @ElectricCitrus

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Apologies for the double post, but I want to let everyone know the first Settle it... in Smash! Podcast begins in one hour! We'll be talking about Megaman, Wily's Castle, and the Smash Clans so please check it out!

http://www.twitch.tv/rpgatwill

Top Bottom