• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Settle It In… 1v1 Tournament On Smash 3DS(Prize Money) *Results Posted*

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Update: the tournament bracket is here: http://challonge.com/settleitin
The finals results are here:

Supreme Champion: eamorn $19.11 (%70)
Worthy Adversary: JollyOllyMan5 $8.19 (%30)
Maybe Next Time: SSNC_Luck
4th place: XGShadowstar
5th place tie: Null
ziyocon

Stay tuned for more tournaments in the future !!!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

This is an online 3DS 1v1 tournament with prize pot money via Paypal.

In order to register for the tournament please register Here

The link to the tournament site can be visited here: http://www.opvgames.tk/

Also looking for a volunteer that can stream all finals matches.

The link to the chat for tournament day is now up and can be accessed Here

Check out the rules below:

I will be hosting a Sm4sh tournament called "Settle It In …" . It will be for real prize money as the focus will continue to be for OPVGames. Instead of traveling very far, spending valuable time, and spending travel expenses to win a Sm4sh tournament with prize money, you can have the chance from the convenience of your own home.

What?

An Online Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Tournament with pot prize money via paypal funded by player registration fee.

When?

Sunday 11/2/2014 at 2:00 PM Central Time

Where?

Please be prompt and join the chat Here

How much?

$5 Dollars per person.

Rules?

1 v 1 Double Elimination bracket.

http://challonge.com/ will be used for the bracket.

Random Omega Stage on all matches only.

No Items.

No Custom Move.

No Custom Equipment.

No Mii Fighter.

Sets will be:

3 Stock

2 out of 3

8 min time limit.

Winners, Losers, and Grand finals will be 3 out of 5 sets.

Prize split will be:

1st: %60

2nd: %30

3rd: %10

How to take steps to make sure I have a good connection for this?

Please make sure to follow these steps Here

How to enter?

Online registration and a $5 dollar entry fee via Paypal is required. A valid contact email is required For this event, all entry fee money will go towards the prize pot.

Register Here

Anything else?

If you volunteer to record your matches, please submit the videos to Here

Right now we are looking for someone who will volunteer to stream Losers, Winners, and Grand finals. If you volunteer please contact me
Here

This will be the first tourny but we aspire that OPVGames will sprout into a new community facilitating competitive gaming with real prize money.

Play Online.

Compete Online.

Win Prize Money Online.

Registered players so far as of 11/2/2014:
1. Luck
2. Null
3. XGShadowstar
4. ziyocon
5. JollyOlly
6. eamorn

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Oooo looking forward to this. I will have to wait and see today If I will be able to make it but if I can I will be able to stream/ record battles.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Oooo looking forward to this. I will have to wait and see today If I will be able to make it but if I can I will be able to stream/ record battles.
Great ! Yes, let me know... , that will be so convenient if you are able to help out with that. Also if the 2nd is too short of notice for people, I can push it back a week if people want??

Also Update! Chat link now available.
As of now lets meet in my twitch chat prompt at 2 PM central time on tournament day Here

Last edited:

RecklessGreen

Smash Rookie
I hate to say this, and I don't mean any disrespect or trying to be rude at all, but I don't think this might work. What if players lag? what if they have input lag? Sure a money match is pretty interesting and all, but it only works on local tourneys. That's just my thought, nothing more.

SSNC Luck

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-4300-0348
I hate to say this, and I don't mean any disrespect or trying to be rude at all, but I don't think this might work. What if players lag? what if they have input lag? Sure a money match is pretty interesting and all, but it only works on local tourneys. That's just my thought, nothing more.
Honestly it's five bucks, if you don't want to throw down a fiver, then don't.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
I'm finding it too early of a notice lol
I work like 8 hours that day, so I'm pretty sure I can't make it

I have to book off days 2 weeks in advance or hope I don't get booked lol
Anyway, good luck to those who enter!

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
I'm finding it too early of a notice lol
I work like 8 hours that day, so I'm pretty sure I can't make it

I have to book off days 2 weeks in advance or hope I don't get booked lol
Anyway, good luck to those who enter!

Sorry about that, for the next one I'll make sure to take this into consideration to give people some time.

So far players:

Luck
Null

has registered. awesome guys. Null are you on smashboards ???

Last edited:

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
I was thinking of joining, if there are only like 4 of us will the tourney go on?
Join up we still got quite a bit of time between now and then. And feel free to tell any of your smash friends. Depending on the amount we can discuss whether we want to make any changes in the chat the day of.

Last edited:

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
I'd try it out, but I don't know about the time. Could you push it back a little, or confirm it won't take longer than 5:00 CMT?

T0MMY

Smash Master
Question on rules:
It says "No Custom Fighter", what is this in the game? Does that mean I cannot choose to have Pikachu wear his party hat when selecting my fighter from the character menu?

Also, it says: "No Items. No Custom Move. No Custom Equipment."
But nowhere could I find if the Customization setting is to be set ON or OFF, which setting is to be used?

And one last thing: It says "8 minute time limit" what if I do not have time limit option unlocked on my game?

After these are clarified I'll know if I can play or not.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Question on rules:
It says "No Custom Fighter", what is this in the game? Does that mean I cannot choose to have Pikachu wear his party hat when selecting my fighter from the character menu?

Also, it says: "No Items. No Custom Move. No Custom Equipment."
But nowhere could I find if the Customization setting is to be set ON or OFF, which setting is to be used?

And one last thing: It says "8 minute time limit" what if I do not have time limit option unlocked on my game?

After these are clarified I'll know if I can play or not.
Custom Fighter is the Mii fighter. Also for the Custom Move and Equipment are the unlockables you can put on a character to change their move set or power them up. Just use the standard move set just by selecting the character, skins and colors are fine so the party hat would be fine.

And if you don't have the time limit option unlocked, you can let the other person host the game or if both dont have it unlock then no time limit is fine.

I'd try it out, but I don't know about the time. Could you push it back a little, or confirm it won't take longer than 5:00 CMT?
not for sure it depends on how many people will be in. yea, sorry about the short notice, at this point its probably best for me not to push the time back unless all the poeple registered agree. But for future tournaments I will make sure to give plenty of notice

Last edited:

ziyocon

Smash Rookie
NNID
ziyo
3DS FC
2079-8063-4198
i will probably join but i will have to do it tomorrow i get paid tomorrow but looking forward to it if we do get it going

T0MMY

Smash Master
Custom Fighter is the Mii fighter.

So it should say "Mii is a banned character".
Why did you ban the character I use?

And no time limit is ok if neither players have it? I think I have it unlocked though, so should be fine if I end up playing (but no character).

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
i will probably join but i will have to do it tomorrow i get paid tomorrow but looking forward to it if we do get it going
Awesome ! That is good to hear. =)

For all that are interested in joining I would like to encourage you to please completely register as soon as possible so that we can have an accurate head count. =]

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Well the tournnament is tomorrow !!! still accepting players, you may join up to 2pm central tomorrow so register now !!

Remember players lets meet in the chat at my twitch channel Here

6 entrants as of me typing this so far....

Last edited:

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
I think this is to be expected for the first online prize tournament you host. People are wary dropping $5 for events hosted by people who aren't established in the community as trustworthy for this kind of thing, though your post count and join date says you're legitimately in this for the long haul.

The low entry is also a thing is making people hesitant to join, but hopefully we get a few more guys showing up. Let me help that along and throw my name into the pot.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
I can't actually now, I have to work tomorrow :p
Alright. Maybe you can catch the next one =)

I think this is to be expected for the first online prize tournament you host. People are wary dropping $5 for events hosted by people who aren't established in the community as trustworthy for this kind of thing, though your post count and join date says you're legitimately in this for the long haul.

The low entry is also a thing is making people hesitant to join, but hopefully we get a few more guys showing up. Let me help that along and throw my name into the pot.
Thanks for the support! yea...well just hope you all will have fun and we have enough for some good spirited competition!

Also if you guys agree we could make this one where 1st place gets 100% or 1st and 2nd get 60%,40%

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
I think something like a 70-30 split for 1st and 2nd would work well.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
For now here is the tournament bracket:
http://challonge.com/settleitin

The tournament starts in roughly two hours from me typing this. If you are a player that hasnt joined yet you can still get in on this between now and then

join now !!!! Register -------> Here

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Congratulations to eamorn for tearing through the winners bracket until Grandfinals and to JollyOlly for coming all the way from losers bracket from dqing in round one for no show and getting 2nd after a bracket reset and colossal battle with eamorn. They both received prize winnings in a 70/30 split
Congrats to SSNC_Luck for taking 3rd !

Final bracket is here:

http://challonge.com/settleitin

I greatly appreciate everyone who participated and the great sportsmanship

Last edited:
Top Bottom