• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seriously guys, Ganon isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Honestly, 90% of his matchups are 70:30 in his disadvantage. In all honesty, that is not the case at all. I came second place with Ganon at a real tournament, if ganon was as bad as all these matchup charts make him out to be, I would have came last. The only reason people think hes so bad is because there are very few REALLY good ganons. What I'm saying is, step it up ganon boards. Once we get more good ganons being known, the matchup charts will change, ganon will rise in the tier list, and we can all stop *****ing about how ganon gets ***** by ______. If you have enough skill, mindgames and good counterpicking, ganon is atleast at the top of mid tier.
I concur harder than I've ever concurred before.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
ganon's got a lot of potential as a good character, I think he's gonna famous for rising the most places on a tier list one day.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
No, there really isn't a problem.

The cool thing about competitive gaming is that it is 'self-correcting' - or, if you don't want to have such a normative term, 'self-organizing'.

See, if character X is good, but most people don't think he's good and don't plan much to fight him, then this allows you, as an individual agent interested only in winning money at competitive events, to take that character, go rogue, and storm for a high finishing place.

You can take advantage of the ignorance by working independently, (or in small groups that can keep a secret). This then spreads the knowledge out there thatyou are good, since you can't win without Showing Your Moves, and of course we get the cycle of competition: people try to beat it, the bar moves up, and we repeat.

P.S. I'm on to the Falcon "bring down the tier list" agenda and frankly I think it's a very poorly inspired idea that I urge every last one of you to get out of, now.
Well, it's there to stay and it would be a bad idea to get rid of anyway... I like how you describe the auto-correcting competitive community. Hopefully that's true!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
the tier list actually encourages me to play Lower Tier characters...I usually never touch Top Tiers aside from teh lolz...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
the tier list actually encourages me to play Lower Tier characters...I usually never touch Top Tiers aside from teh lolz...
That logic is fail. I pick my characters because I like them and their playstyle, which is the reason why I play only Zelda characters.

People that claim that they refuse to play a character because of their spot on the tier list are just dumb.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I love Ganon but he's not very good in this game...sorry. If his Jab, Ftilt and Dtilt came out like 3-4 frames faster and his jumps were better then he would probably be in mid.
No.

Ganondorf's single biggest problem is his horrible grab range.

If Ganondorf had good grab range (like I dunno, give him Wario's grab range or lol ROB's rediculous grab range), I would go so far to say he would be high tier. A good grab means that it would be very dangerous to pressure Ganon's shield, and it would solve all of Ganon's problems at dealing damage consistently, and make his other attacks much more viable KO moves.

Unfortunately, because Ganon's grab range sucks, it forces him to rely on Flame Choke to work around other shields, which is in several situations too slow to be good enough.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
No.

If Ganondorf had good grab range (like I dunno, give him Wario's grab range or lol ROB's rediculous grab range), I would go so far to say he would be high tier. A good grab means that it would be very dangerous to pressure Ganon's shield, and it would solve all of Ganon's problems at dealing damage consistently, and make his other attacks much more viable KO moves.

Unfortunately, because Ganon's grab range sucks, it forces him to rely on Flame Choke to work around other shields, which is in several situations too slow to be good enough.
Or his gawdawful recovery. That competes with his grab range for the single most annoying nerf in Brawl. Not only is it one of the worst recoveries in the game, it gives us RCO lag.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I love the Ganon boards.
This is all too good.
+ 1 vote that Ganon doesn't suck, he's just a misunderstood guy with nail polish.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
No.

So making his Tilts faster and his jumps better would make him worse right? I never said that was his biggest flaw i just said he would be a better character if his tilts and jumps were faster. I know his grab range sucks, it's about as bad as Lucario's, which happens to be my main. At least Ganon has a good IPG though.

Top Bottom