• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Serious Internet Security Risk on the Forum?!

wiredgod

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this is the proper forum to post this, but one of the sponsored links appears to be some sort of spyware. I have a pretty good internet security program on my computer but this one asked me if I wanted to download the program and do a scan; and then in the advertising it told me that I have 7 or so at risk programs on my computer. There was even a popup to download the program. This is a way that people try to get you to download fraudulent programs that harass your computer. Do not be fooled by it. I'm not sure who the proper person is to send this to, but the ad should be axed immediately before anyone falls victim to it.

wiredgod

Smash Rookie
You can choose not to click on it, but there was even a pop-up that went with it. People may actually think it's for real. That is the concern.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
If somebody falls for those kind of ads so easily, they have bigger fish to fry. Like the fact that they need to become computer literate, tout de suite.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Or we can all just use firefox and not deal with ads at all >_>

Top Bottom