• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Series icons in project m

Kingboo177

Smash Rookie
Umm, im clueless on how to change a seris icon on results screen. ive searched everywhere and cant find a fix. i have psa's and i want to change the series icons. is there a code to change them sepretly or can i access them manually? i got a project m ridley psa and it came with a code to give him the metadroid icon so there must be codes. please help.

Phans

Smash Cadet
I mistakenly posted the method for changing icons in menus. Give glory to Moydow.
I don't know any code for that, but if you have BrawlBox you can manually replace the emblem.
I'm assuming you're using this http://smashboards.com/threads/unof...ne-version-1-9-released-dl-link-in-op.368694/ PSA?
Full disclosure: I'm not fully certain this will work, so back up your files first.
Using BrawlBox, open system/common5.pac and navigate to common5_en > sc_selcharacter_en > MiscData[30] > Textures(NW4R) and replace MenSelchrMark.13 with the image from MenSelChrMark.4 or another applicable emblem. This directory is also where you'll find the name image file - MenSelChrNm.221 - that you'll need to replace.
Hope it works.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
^ That only changes the icon in menus. To change it in the results screen:

1. In BrawlBox, open /pf/stage/melee/STG_RESULT.pac
2. Go to 2 > MiscData[110] > 3DModels(NW4R)
3. Right-click "InfResultMark04_TopN", and export it to the desktop
4. Right-click "InfResultMark13_TopN", and select "Replace"
5. Select "InfResultMark04_TopN.mdl0" (the file you just exported to the desktop)
6. Save the file

This will replace the Kid Icarus series icon with that of Metroid - changing it to a unique series icon for other characters is different, as it requires creating the icon in a 3D model designer like 3DS Max.

Last edited:

Kingboo177

Smash Rookie
I mistakenly posted the method for changing icons in menus. Give glory to Moydow.
I don't know any code for that, but if you have BrawlBox you can manually replace the emblem.
I'm assuming you're using this http://smashboards.com/threads/unof...ne-version-1-9-released-dl-link-in-op.368694/ PSA?
Full disclosure: I'm not fully certain this will work, so back up your files first.
Using BrawlBox, open system/common5.pac and navigate to common5_en > sc_selcharacter_en > MiscData[30] > Textures(NW4R) and replace MenSelchrMark.13 with the image from MenSelChrMark.4 or another applicable emblem. This directory is also where you'll find the name image file - MenSelChrNm.221 - that you'll need to replace.
Hope it works.
it did i would like to know how to change say the metal gear logo (snake's logo) to megaman's logo? how to i edit the model?

Last edited:

Phans

Smash Cadet
Go to the model using the steps above, except go to MenSelChrMark.17. Right-click it and choose 'Replace', then choose any 64x64 resolution .png image. Make sure that it uses the same color scheme - #FFFFFF white on #000000 black - and it should work. If it doesn't, try a #FFFFFF white image on transparent, since that may be what the black in the preview window represents.

Top Bottom