• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Serebii can't confirm/deconfirm anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkurai

Smash Master
He's not the Dojo. He's not Sakurai. He's not Nate Bihildorf. He's not an official source. He hasn't played the game. He apparantly has a source, but what is that source? Has he said it? To the best of my knowledge, he's never revealed his source.

Serebii can't confirm or deconfirm anything, now as a community, can we PLEASE stop bringing him up!?

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
You don't know for sure. From what I've heard the last time he released all that info on Pokemon Pearl/Diamond he got in big trouble with Nintendo for spoiling the info, so he has been more conservative with his info this time.

Zek

Smash Ace
What he is is a relatively respectable community figure. He has a reputation, unlike most of the anonymous nobodies who claim to know everything about the game. So if he says something we can at least be reasonably confident he's not lying about it, which is more than can be said for anybody else regardless of what his sources are. It's still rumors, but at least it's not a waste of time like almost everything else we've been seeing.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well, he can't reveal the source, nor would he even if he could. He has information, but isn't allowed to reveal it. Just be glad that there's someone with information who can help us sift through the lies.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
What he is is a relatively respectable community figure. He has a reputation, unlike most of the anonymous nobodies who claim to know everything about the game. So if he says something we can at least be reasonably confident he's not lying about it, which is more than can be said for anybody else regardless of what his sources are. It's still rumors, but at least it's not a waste of time like almost everything else we've been seeing.
Couldn't have said it better myself. He's stated he doesn't know everything too. Just a few big tidbits on Pokemon.

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
i cant really tell if he's drawing attention to himself or not. because what he's saying is very true.
IF he had said source that has given him information, he cannot reveal anything or else they could get in major trouble.
but who's to say he doesnt know that and isnt just saying it? i'm not.
if anything he's the most logical prophet or leaker or whatever you call them.
im not flaming you Serebii but really, if you tell someone that something else isnt true because your source says otherwise, THEIR NOT GOING TO BELIEVE YOU UNLESS YOU REVEAL YOUR SOURCE.
i think we should all just let the others believe who they want. we're almost a month away. just wait a little longer!!!!

Joymechpoop

Smash Cadet
Serebii is a HUGE site and a very reliable source we can belive them. You're acting like he's some random guy with 1 post on gamefaqs.

Besides it's Nate Bidoof not Bhildorf!

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
How'd my boy serebii get his info anyways??? What gave him the opportunity to have this source....

Cause a bunch of people claim to have sources, if he has a particular reason why he has a source then fine....if not, hes not real credible.....theres been an instance or two where serebii was unsure of his source...soo, it must not be a definite thing....

Howd the man get this source?!?!?

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
i cant really tell if he's drawing attention to himself or not. because what he's saying is very true.
IF he had said source that has given him information, he cannot reveal anything or else they could get in major trouble.
but who's to say he doesnt know that and isnt just saying it? i'm not.
if anything he's the most logical prophet or leaker or whatever you call them.
im not flaming you Serebii but really, if you tell someone that something else isnt true because your source says otherwise, THEIR NOT GOING TO BELIEVE YOU UNLESS YOU REVEAL YOUR SOURCE.
i think we should all just let the others believe who they want. we're almost a month away. just wait a little longer!!!!
Yes, and he is a respectable member of the smash community. He hasn't confirmed/deconfirmed really anything. All he's said is that Plusle and Minnun aren't in. And I think that's a safe guess.

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
He's not the Dojo. He's not Sakurai. He's not Nate Bihildorf. He's not an official source. He hasn't played the game. He apparantly has a source, but what is that source? Has he said it? To the best of my knowledge, he's never revealed his source.

Serebii can't confirm or deconfirm anything, now as a community, can we PLEASE stop bringing him up!?
Aahaha.

"He's never revealed his source!"

I think someone's been watching a few too many crime dramas. This is real life, where revealing your source would prove nothing, and put many people's jobs on the line. Totally not worth it.

That said, you are right that he's definately not an official source. However, he's been a reliable source for spoilers in the past, and I think he's more than earned his cred.

Coselm

Smash Ace
Well I am not personally attacking Serebii or anything, nor am I harassing him, but I am just saying you can't disprove someone's anonymous source with someone else's anonymous source.

I mean that one dude with the plusle and minun roster is obviously a great big phony. I don't think Serebii needed to say it for anyone to believe it.

In my personal opinion I don't really believe what anyone says about the leaks. They are interesting to read but I take it lightly. As should all of you. I think this thread should be closed because it is far too personal. How would the original poster feel if I started a topic bashing your credibility?

Coselm

Smash Ace
I vote that this thread be locked due to slander.

Edit: Sorry about double post, the board is acting crazy tonight due to that one "leak."

skiks

Smash Cadet
Serebii only has pokemon related info at most. While he may not know everything at once he can safely decomfirm some things. Some not all.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Tell me two things:

1. What good would revealing his source do?

2. What possible motive would he have for making up fake info when he knows he will most likely end up being wrong?

Spellman

Smash Ace
Tell me two things:

1. What good would revealing his source do?

2. What possible motive would he have for making up fake info when he knows he will most likely end up being wrong?
People on the internet lie for no reason that can be explained.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
People on the internet lie for no reason that can be explained.
Not people who have a reputation for being one of the most reliable sources of Pokemon news for well over 5 years. He's not just some random 14 year old on Gamefaqs who decided it would be funny to get people excited about nothing.

Prinkachu

Smash Cadet
I just want to know one thing...

WHO IS SEREBII?!?!?!?
I have heard a lot of he, as far as I know he is a guy who claims to know some things about Brawl and has deconfirmed some of the "prophet's" information.
I hes some kind of god? is he a normal person? he really knows anything? he is nobody?

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
his source is pokemon, stop saying, he deconrirmed things, he can not confirm anything, all he can do i say something, it is not confirmed until you have the game in front of you and are playing it.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
I trust and respect Serebii, liek stated before, he's not just some random adolescent in it for the chuckles. Ask any Poke'fanatic, they'll know who Serebii is (The Site owner, not the Poke'mon, though they'll know him too).

Besides, his Diamond/Pearl leak was ALL true. I trust him, personally. But who knows...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
YOU foolishly compared Serebii to that goat guy...

the goat guy is not a respected part of ANYTHING...he's some random idiot drawing attention.

Serebii has a reputation that could be ruined if he's lying.

He's not some random person

Spellman

Smash Ace
Not people who have a reputation for being one of the most reliable sources of Pokemon news for well over 5 years. He's not just some random 14 year old on Gamefaqs who decided it would be funny to get people excited about nothing.
Respectable people on the internet get exposed as frauds all the time, and then people claim that they knew it all along. I'm not saying he's lying for sure, but I don't take the "leaks" or "rumors" much more seriously then any other member of the community. And what was the rumor anyway,
All he's said is that Plusle and Minnun aren't in. And I think that's a safe guess.
My thoughts exactly. Topic title is right.

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
Serebii has often claimed to have info and been proven wrong. For awhile on his site he claimed the D/P starters were going to be Fighting/Dark/Psychic.

He reports any rumour he hears. It's laudable to get the word out quickly, but he does so at the expense of truth many times.

Just because he has a big site doesn't mean he's a big source. In the pokemon community, most fans don't trust his news until Bulbapedia or another reliable source confirms it as well.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Serebii has often claimed to have info and been proven wrong. For awhile on his site he claimed the D/P starters were going to be Fighting/Dark/Psychic.
I just wanted to point out something before you get jumped by fans. That was actually stated on some pokemon site thing that the devs made to give hints and such. They said that those might be the new starter types and thats all it was every reported as. . . as them saying that that idle was brong up/ might happen.

Now, you might want to pay attenetion to what others are about to say about his track record:ohwell:

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Serebii is legit, completely legit.

He's an idiot sometimes and may make people understand him, but he's an honest guy. If he says something is fake, he means it.

Croco

Smash Lord
Yeah. I've never heard of Serbii before and now out of nowhere this week their name starts popping up.
Then you have users who are defending them.. when they shouldn't. Because no one should believe ANYONE except what is on the DoJo.

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
Why do people use the word "deconfirm?" It's not even a word. And when you debunk something its called being "denied" not deconfirmed.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Let me just say that for about four years I have gone to Serebii.net for Pokemon news before Nintendo.com, CoroCoro, or Pokemon.com. He really has a good site.

Now, I dont know why people are making a big deal out of nothing.

It's not like he deconfirmed Ridley. He said fricking Plusle and Minun wont be in. I mean jeeze, these two are a long shot for Pokeball, much less playable. Calm the **** down.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Let me just say that for about four years I have gone to Serebii.net for Pokemon news before Nintendo.com, CoroCoro, or Pokemon.com. He really has a good site.

Now, I dont know why people are making a big deal out of nothing.

It's not like he deconfirmed Ridley. He said fricking Plusle and Minun wont be in. I mean jeeze, these two are a long shot for Pokeball, much less playable. Calm the **** down.
I think he indirectly "Confirmed" Lucario as well, actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom