• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [September 19th, 2015] Vacaville, CA Smash Bi-Weekly Tournament!

CGL DrDoubleDee

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrDoubleDee
Held Saturday, September 19th at 850 Alamo Drive, Vacaville CA 95688
If you're on Facebook, here's the Facebook Event to RSVP

General Information
Cash Prizes for Top 3 - Pot Bonuses Thrown in if we reach a certain amount of registrants
Registration starts at 5:30PM
Tournament will start at 6:00PM
(The venue's one wish is that we finish by 10 PM, so if you plan on coming, please do not be late)

*Bring your own controller!*
*Cash only for Fees!*
Spectators can come for free.
You can pre-register here
$5 Venue Fee
$5 Registration Fee
Wristbands will be administered to those who paid venue and registration fee!
Please RSVP to event through Facebook! (Ignore if from Smashboards)
Tournament will be streamed through twitch.tv/cglevents
Brackets will be finalized once all players are present at venue.

2 Stocks with 6 Minutes on the clock
Customs OFF
Equipment is Not Allowed
Items Turned OFF

Double Elimination Tournament
Sets will be Best of 3
Winners Semis /Losers Finals/Grand Finals will be Bo5

Starters
Final Destination - Smashville - Battlefield / Miiverse - Dreamland - Town and City

Counter Picks
Delfino Plaza - Halberd - Castle Seige - Lylat Cruise- Duckhunt

*Tournament attendees are expected to maintain respectful conduct towards other attendees and players. Bashing other player's performance or any form of trash talk will NOT be tolerated.(i.e. not knocking players, yelling in ears, etc.).
*Tournament attendees are expected to respect the venue, equipment, and other's property; and will be held liable for any damages they render.

I hope to see some Smashboards members there, as my events are constantly growing in size and I aim to only make them bigger from here. See you there!

Last edited:

ohprime

Smash Rookie
What are the attendance reults so far? How are the top 3 prizes distributed? Are there friendlies before tourney starts? If you need to be done and out by 10 is it possible to start an hour or 2 earlier? Consensus says 3 stocks 8 mins is better, is that a possibility?

Last edited:

CGL DrDoubleDee

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrDoubleDee
So far we are at 20 people confirmed within just three days of posting it on Facebook. Usually when this happens we see attendance almost double. (Last time we had 24 confirmed and ended up with 43 registrants)
Top 3 prizes are split 60/25/15
We allow friendlies before, and during the tournament when setups are available.
We have tried to start earlier but our venue is pretty flexible with us if we need to stay past 10. (We ran the 43 man tournament in a little over 3 hours and started late.)
For now we are sticking with 2 Stocks and 6 Minutes until we get more of a demand for 3 Stocks and 8 Minutes.
While we've brought this up to players before, everyone seems to be content with the current rule set.

Let me know if you have any more questions :)

Top Bottom