• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 9, 2015] Wednesday Night Melee @ The Nexus Gaming (Union City, NJ)

Nexus| Taka

Fraudulent Doc Main
EVERY WEDNESDAYS!! www.NucleusGG.com

FACEBOOK GROUP:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NucleusGGTourneys/

STREAM:
Melee: twitch.tv/NucleusGG

SCHEDULE:
5:00 PM - Setup / Sign In / Register / Friendlies

6:00 PM Melee Doubles

7:00 PM Melee Singles

We start on time so BE on time!

FEES:
$5 Venue
$5 Per Event

PAYOUTS (< 64 entrants):
60/30/10

PAYOUTS (>= 64 entrants):
48/22/14/8/4/4

Directions from NY
1. Go to port authority on 40th and 8th ave. Take the NJ transit 125 to 10th St and Kennedy Blvd (20 minute bus ride), walk 3 minutes to the venue.

2. Go to port authority on 40th and 8th ave. Take the NJ transit 123 to 10th St and Palisade (15 minute bus ride), walk 10 minutes to the venue.

3. Go to port authority on 40th and 8th ave. Take the shuttle vans located at gate 51 to 10th St and Kennedy Blvd (20 minute bus ride), walk 5 minutes to the venue.

4. Take the path train to Hoboken and take the NJ Transit 85 to 10th and summit.

5. Take the path train to journal square, take the NY shuttle buses to 10th and Kennedy Blvd(10 minute bus ride). Walk to the venue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MELEE RULE SET
Standard Apex 2015 Ruleset
http://smashboards.com/threads/apex-2015-ruleset-is-out-survey-inside.384076/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Squiddu

Smash Rookie
I went tonight and got bopped, lol.

It was a my first time at a NJ local and I had an awesome time. Everyone was really chill and there were plenty of set ups. Would recommend for anyone in the the area.

Thanks for the great tourney Taka, I'll definitely be coming back.

Nexus| Taka

Fraudulent Doc Main
I went tonight and got bopped, lol.

It was a my first time at a NJ local and I had an awesome time. Everyone was really chill and there were plenty of set ups. Would recommend for anyone in the the area.

Thanks for the great tourney Taka, I'll definitely be coming back.
NP dude, great having you, sadly we will be on hiatus for a bit due to some venue issues but once we get everything settled we will be back in full storm.

Squiddu

Smash Rookie
NP dude, great having you, sadly we will be on hiatus for a bit due to some venue issues but once we get everything settled we will be back in full storm.
Yeah I saw the post on facebook. It sucks but that stuff happens. Hopefully it all goes well with the venue and whatnot and WNR is back up and running soon.

theinstituter

Smash Cadet
NNID
theinstituter
3DS FC
0662-2468-9863
It's good to see you got another venue up! I'd love to keep attending these tournaments, but since school is coming up, I have to focus a bit more on that than Smash:c , but i'll definitely try my best to attend whenever i have the time

Shallows

Smash Rookie
These are really fun and it's a super chill environment with good people and good smash. If you are in the Hudson County area its really easy to get to (as well as coming from Manhattan) and has an impressive amount of set ups.

Next tourney is Wednesday, September 30. (Taka just needs to update the thread)

Taka also has the stream up and running now + he is uploading all the sets to youtube. And because of the small # of entrants so far playing on stream is pretty likely (unlike at say Nebulous or The Break lol). The reason this is great is because you can get your tournament matches recorded, uploaded (sometimes w/ commentary) and then watch them, study them, and analyze your play which is incredibly useful if you are trying to get better at any smash game.

I want to see more people for melee next time!!
We gotta catch up to Smash 4 in attendance numbers they're killing us so far.

ALSO – – Every Saturday there is gonna be a low tier throw-down all day ending with a Low-Tier + 2009 Stage-list Melee Tournament at 8pm. I'm bringing my G&W and plenty of body-bags and I'll be leaving with the 1st place prize money. Mr. 9 will not be stopped.

Last edited:
Top Bottom