• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 30, 2014] Pikachu's Party Palace - The Place to Party! (Allen, TX)

Nair

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goldenwolf2
3DS FC
0920-1616-6632

Description

Pikachu's Party Palace is a place for melee players who want to have a good time and play the game! With a cheap entry fee of 5$ that you can even use to purchase goods within the store. So you can get what you like, AND get entry into the store. Cool, right? I know. It's great.

Epic! Gaming Lounge and Cafe has just recently opened, and in an attempt to get more melee events going on, I decided to create this event! They're already down to making it a weekly thing, but first we're testing to see how popular it will become and on what day will we 'officially' be holding it. For now, we're hoping we can get a good turnout, so we'll see how it goes.

When

Tuesday September 30, 6:00 pm - 12:00 am

Where

Epic! Gaming Lounge and Cafe
2035 W Mcdermott Dr Suite 460, Allen, Texas

Schedule

6:00pm: Arrival & Registration
7:00pm: Singles Tournament*
12:00am: Leave
* I will be starting it then or shortly thereafter. So make sure you register prior to that time!

Bring set-ups! I only have one full-set up to bring. So PLEASE bring your own if you have one!

Entry Fee

Venue: 5$*
Tournament: Free
*Keep in mind, this counts as money to be spent in the store as well. So you can get 2 cups of coffee and pay for your fee. Just create an account with them and you’re good to go!

Pay Outs*

1st Place: 15$ + Epic! T-Shirt
2nd Place: 10$
3rd Place: 5$

*I realize it isn't much, but since I’m not charging for this tournament I think it’s reasonable.

Rules

Neutral Stages:

Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams

Counter Pick:

Pokemon Stadium

General:

Items are off.
4 stocks, 8 minutes
Pause is OFF
Wobbling is legal, so feel free to wobble your heart out.
Standard DSR (you may not counter pick a stage you have already won on in a set)
No Coaching or Stalling.
1 stage ban in best of 3 set, no stage bans in best of 5 set.
Striking is 1-2-1

Other Rules

1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and hype moments) is exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Dave's Stupid Rule: Players cannot counterpick back to a stage that they have already won on in a set.
7. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.

Additional Notes: Have a good time! Seriously, this is a fun thing made for us melee players to enjoy!

Show up on time. If you need to contact me for anything concerning the tournament, you can message me or text me at 214-403-9970.

Remember! Bring set-ups! They’re super important.

Also, I basically stole Waterless Fishie's Ruleset... So thanks! <: )

Last edited:
Top Bottom