• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Momentum presents: BROS GONE WILD [SMASH 4] [Bi-Weekly] (Iselin,NJ)

Momentum presents: BROS GONE WILD [SMASH 4] [Bi-Weekly] (Iselin,NJ)
Posted by InitialK
Buffalo Wild Wings
Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 07:30 PM
Until: Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 01:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy

It's time to get WILD! Union County College Smashers and Buffalo Wild Wings have teamed up to give you BROS GONE WILD 8, a unique merger tournament for all to enjoy and compete! We had a turnout of 13 entrants at BROS GONE WILD 7. Our goal is to expand our Smash Bros scene and remain diligent, so let's keep up the good vibes! Tournament play begins on August 31st, 2016! Read below for more info!

Fees
Entry: $5/tournament (ex. Singles = $5 / Doubles = $5 / Singles&Doubles = 10$)
Venue: $10
Note: If you bring a setup (console and (but not mandatory) TV [less than or equal to 32 inches]) THAT IS USABLE FOR THE TOURNEY, your venue fee is waived! If you bring JUST a Wii U but its not usable for the tournament, you ARE NOT eligible for the waived fee.

If you are interested in doing this, PLEASE PM ME (Facebook or Smashboards) AT LEAST ONE DAY PRIOR TO THE TOURNAMENT SO I CAN PUT YOU ON THE "LIST OF EXPECTED SETUPS". This way I can tell you whether we need it or not beforehand. We do not want anyone getting mad if they brought their setup for nothing. If any complications arise, feel free to let me know asap.

List Of Expected Setups

Double Note: Please try to bring non-modded lagless televisions if you are bringing yours in. TV's will be checked for lag prior to the tournament starting.

Payout (Singles and Doubles)
[May Change Depending on # of Entrants]

1st - 60% of Entry Fees
2nd - 30% of Entry fees
3rd - 10% of Entry fees

Registration
Singles Registration: 6:30 PM EST
Singles Tournament begins at 7:00 PM EST.
Doubles Registration: begins after Singles Tournament (pref. 10 - 11pm EST).
Doubles Tournament begins around 10 - 11pm EST

Note: Depending on how much time we have left + how many teams we have governs if we can run a doubles tourney. BWW closes at 1 AM on Wednesday so we will make due with whatever time we have! If for some circumstance we don't have time to run doubles, we will refund the participants immediately!

Social Media Pages
Bros Gone Wild Facebook Event
Bros Gone Wild Facebook Page
Twitter
Youtube

Streaming
Twitch
Status: We will be streaming this event! Status may change depending on BWW management.

Challonge
Singles
Doubles

Game Rules
2 Stock 6 Minutes (Singles)
3 Stock 8 Minutes (Doubles)
Custom Moves Off, Items Off, Equipment Off, Handicap Off, Pause Off, Damage Ratio 100%, 2/3 Games Normal, 3/5 Semifinal/Finals/Grand Finals.
Double Elimination
Mii Fighters On (1-1-1-1 Default Miis)
Amiibo’s are banned
Starter Stages: Battlefield (Miiverse), Final Destination, Smashville, Town & City, Dream Land 64
Counterpick Stages: Lylat Cruise, Duck Hunt
All Omega stages are banned (Unless Gentleman's Rule is established)
The first stage is decided by (Rock Paper Scissors) best of 1. Winner strikes, then loser strikes twice, then a winner. (1-2-2-1)
Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
You may not play on a stage that is not on the available stages list. This will result in a double disqualification. (Unless Gentleman's Rule was established)
Sudden Death with a tied percentage/stock count will NOT determine the outcome of a tied game. A playoff match with 1 stock/2 minutes will determine the winner.
There will be no loading anything onto the tournament consoles. Doing so will result in an IMMEDIATE DQ from the tourney
Thank you for your time!

-Important Information-
Buffalo Wild Wings sells food and drinks so all are welcome to order while competing! PLEASE DO NOT JUST ASK FOR A WATER AND LEAVE. If possible, please get an appetizer in addition to your water! BWW supplies this venue to us for the benefit of the Smash Community and to help promote business at their establishment as well. If we cannot fulfill our end of the bargain, that would spell either the END of Bros Gone Wild (or) increasing fees, which we do not want to do! Please help us out so that we can grow together as a family and keep everything how it is!

Bear in mind that once you are called for your match during the tourney, you must REPORT WITHIN 5 MINUTES TO YOUR DESIGNATED SETUP. Failure in doing so will result in a DQ from your match and be being sent to losers bracket (or if already in the losers bracket, DQ'd from tourney). We are near the patio so that you have fresh air and a great atmosphere to play in. You can also order alcoholic drinks and other cuisines! Keep in mind that causing a ruckus for other attendees will result in an IMMEDIATE DQ FROM THE TOURNAMENT. We are here to have fun and compete professionally, do not ruin it for everyone else.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me through PM here or through my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ILovePlatanoPie

Hope to see you there!

Stay Crispy,
Kelvin I Nunez (Tournament Organizer)

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
Update: Buffalo Wild Wings is APPARENTLY going to doing the "All You Can Eat" deal for 13.99 on Boneless Wings. If you are coming hungry, then be ready haha

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
Tomorrow is the day guys! Hope everyone can make it and is training up to be at their peak. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me through here at any time!

Stay Crispy,
Kelvin Nunez

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
Hello Guys,

Thank you guys for coming out last night for the very first Bros Gone Wild Tournament! With a tremendous showing, our Doubles Bracket had a total of 12 teams while our Singles Bracket had a total of ...wait for it....56 ENTRANTS! THAT IS HUGE for a first-time event and I am extremely happy for the people that came out to our event! Though everything looked swell in the beginning, we also had our setbacks in the late showing of the tourney. These setbacks hindered playing time and resulted in a prompt decision to end the tournament.

I assure you guys that THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. We are going to make changes to our tourney that will result in a more positive outtake for our future tournaments. Stay tuned for those changes!

This tournament was a tremendous learning experience for me and KasQ and we will make sure that next tourney will be ran in PRISTINE fashion, efficiently, and up to par with everyone's standards. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at any time!

Stay Crispy,
Kelvin Nunez

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
Update: Make sure to let us know if you are bringing a setup so that we may put you on the list of expected setups!

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
2 DAYS LEFT TILL GO TIME! Hope everyone had fun watching/competing in the most recent tournaments (APEX, LTC4, Dreamhack). With those tournaments out, ITS EVO/CEO PREP TIME BABY! What better way to do it than at BROS GONE WILD!

Important Notice:

1. Please read the description (In Facebook Group Here: Facebook) for the latest news and updates on the tournament. Things may have changed and we need everyone informed on what's going on. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at any time!

2. There were several people who ordered food, ate their food, and left the bill unpaid. Andrew Kaskiw had to pay out of pocket for these expenses. This REALLY made the Smash Community look bad as a whole to BWW. If you order food, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO PAY YOUR TAB BEFORE LEAVING. We will be implementing a new system for recording who orders food because of last weeks mishaps. If you leave your tab open, leave the venue, and we find out about it, you will be banned from BWW as well banned from ANY future tournaments we organize. You will also be reported for your illegal activity IMMEDIATELY.

3. Buffalo Wild Wings sells food and drinks so all are welcome to order while competing! PLEASE DO NOT JUST ASK FOR A WATER AND LEAVE. If possible, please get an appetizer in addition to your water! BWW supplies this venue to us for the benefit of the Smash Community and to help promote business at their establishment as well. If we cannot fulfill our end of the bargain, that would spell either the END of Bros Gone Wild (or) increasing tournament fees, which we do not want to do! Please help us out so that we can grow together as a family and keep everything how it is!

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
Are there multiple tournament dates? I'm interested but I'm not sure if my mom will let me go.
Hello Sabre Wulf,

We run this tournament as a bi-weekly every Wednesday so the next one after this will be on July 6th. Hope to see you come through one of these days! If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM at any time.

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
Congratulations to the winners of BROS GONE WILD 3 SINGLES! We had a total of 32 competitors at the tournament. With an impressive run of the winners bracket, Mutiny Apple takes a commanding first place finish. It wasn't all easy, as LAG Chaos showed up with an impressive second place finish. We cant leave out the man, the myth, the legend, LAG Moose for taking third place at this tournament! Good showing to all competitors and I hope to see you soon at BROS GONE WILD #4!

For more information regarding BROS GONE WILD, please follow these links:

Facebook

Twitter

Twitch

Youtube

P.S: Vods will be updated soon on our youtube!

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
ITS EVO PREP TIME BABY! What better way to do it than at BROS GONE WILD!

Union County College Smashers and Buffalo Wild Wings have teamed up to give you BROS GONE WILD 4, a unique merger tournament for all to enjoy and compete! We had a great turnout of 32 ENTRANTS at the most recent Bros Gone Wild tournament so let's keep up the good vibes! Tournament play begins on July 6th, 2016! Join our Event Page for more information!

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
Congratulations to the winners of BROS GONE WILD 4 SINGLES and Doubles! We had a total of 46 COMPETITORS at the tournament. With an impressive run of the winners bracket, DMG James takes a commanding first place finish. It wasn't all easy, as Mutiny Apple showed up with an impressive second place finish. We cant leave out the showstopper Pawclaw for taking third place at this tournament! Good showing to all competitors and I hope to see you soon at BROS GONE WILD #5!

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BrosGoneWild/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBrosGoneWild

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/BrosGoneWild

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqFJ1bHj7aHivrA6Vc16YHw
P.S: Vods will be updated soon on our youtube!

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
VODS for Bros Gone Wild 4 are now up on our Youtube! Feel free to comment, like, and/or subscribe to future updates! Check em out now here!:

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqFJ1bHj7aHivrA6Vc16YHw

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN1ic07lMhU&list=PLleBthK36afGJT_3_17a-RXHGP6gLott-

Note: The quality of the videos were hindered slightly due to restaurant internet, which also hindered stream quality from time-to-time. We will be working with the higher ups to correct this issue for future tournaments!

For Bracket Information:
http://challonge.com/BGW4S
http://challonge.com/BGW4D

Also, please follow us on our other social media platforms:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrosGoneWild/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBrosGoneWild

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
Pokemon Go is awesome! Do you know what else is awesome? BROS GONE WILD 5 coming up, that's what!

Union County College Smashers and Buffalo Wild Wings have teamed up to give you BROS GONE WILD 5, a unique merger tournament for all to enjoy and compete! We had a great turnout of 46 ENTRANTS at our most tournament so let's keep up the good vibes! Tournament play begins on July 20th, 2016! Join our Event Page for more information!

Facebook

P.S - Team Instinct Rules

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
Hello Guys,

Just letting everyone know that Bros Gone Wild #5 is STILL ON FOR TODAY. For some reason, Facebook took down our event page without consent. I will be remaking this page now. Please like/share this event page for all to see and inform those who were already in the last event.

Singles Tournament play starts at 7:00 pm EST (Doubles around 10 - 11 pm)!

Thank you,
Kelvin Nunez

https://www.facebook.com/events/517646595093552/

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
It's time to get WILD! Union County College Smashers and Buffalo Wild Wings have teamed up to give you BROS GONE WILD 6, a unique merger tournament for all to enjoy and compete! In lieu of Facebook deleting our event 1 DAY before the tournament, we had a turnout of 26 entrants at BROS GONE WILD 5. We will not let this set us back and will remain diligent, so let's keep up the good vibes! Tournament play begins on August 3rd, 2016!

Address: 625 US-1, Iselin, New Jersey 08830
Doubles Registration: begins after Singles Tournament (10 - 11pm EST).

For more information, please visit our event page below!

https://www.facebook.com/events/101252336984460/

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
Hope everyone is enjoying Pokemon Go! Cant wait till they patch these servers! In the meantime, why dont you come to our tournament for some SMASH 4 TOURNAMENT ACTION!

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
Two more days until its GO time! If you love Harambe and wish to strut your Smash 4 skill, then come down to our tournament for some SMASH 4 ACTION!

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
Congratulations to the winners of BROS GONE WILD 6 SINGLES and DOUBLES! We had a total of 34 COMPETITORS at the tournament w/ a few surprises of stacked competition. Cacogen, Washington State's #1 player, came to compete and show what his region is all about! We also had NJ's best in attendance, with names such as False, Blue, James, Apple, Biddy, and Omega coming through to show us what they got.

With an impressive run coming from losers side, Cocogen takes an impressive first place finish! It wasn't all easy, as DMG James showed up with an impressive second place finish. Mutiny Apple also showed that he wasn't no one to toy with and took taking third place in this tournament! Good showing to all competitors and I hope to see you soon at BROS GONE WILD #7!

Note about VODS: It saddens me to state that the quality of the videos was extremely damaged due to the internet supplied to us by BWW + various Bitrate Issues. I have talked with the management of BWW and confirmed we will be getting more reliable/faster internet for a better streaming experience next tournament. This will NOT happen again on my watch as we take player enjoyability very serious here.

If you would still like to see your matches, please visit our Twitch VOD section here:

www.twitch.tv/brosgonewild/v/81657287
www.twitch.tv/brosgonewild/v/81646028
www.twitch.tv/brosgonewild/v/81619187

Smashboards: www.smashboards.com/…/may-25-2016-uccs-bww-presents-bros-gone…/…
Twitter: www.twitter.com/TheBrosGoneWild
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/BrosGoneWild
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BrosGoneWild/

See you guys at Bros Gone Wild #7!

Last edited:

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
Hello Guys,

Bros Gone Wild 7 was made pretty late only because I was on vacation and had no access to a computer during my outing. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope people can still come out. I will still be running this tournament today regardless. If we don't get enough people, I can still run a tiny tournament/smashfest for people to have fun!

If possible, PLEASE BRING SETUPS as we are gonna need all the help we can get today. Most of my staff is still on vacation so I need all the help I can get.

Here is some important information for the tournament today!

Brackets: Singles (challonge.com/BGW7S) Doubles (challonge.com/BGW7D)
Stream: Twitch.tv/BrosGoneWild
Singles Tournament begins at 7:30 PM EST.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at any time! If you can, please share this event so that more people are informed about it!

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
Bros Gone Wild #7 has been delayed until 8:00pm! If you want to come, now is your chance to register. We only have 12 entrants today so if youd like to compete, youve got time to come through!

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
This is the LAST SUMMER EVENT so let's make this memorable guys! Share this event with everyone you know and let them know the Smash 4 scene is growing in Central NJ and we'd like them to be apart of it!

It's time to get WILD! Union County College Smashers and Buffalo Wild Wings have teamed up to give you BROS GONE WILD 8, a unique merger tournament for all to enjoy and compete! We had a turnout of 13 entrants at BROS GONE WILD 7. Our goal is to expand our Smash Bros scene and remain diligent, so let's keep up the good vibes! Tournament play begins on August 31st, 2016! Read below for more info!

Singles Tournament begins at 7:30 PM EST.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1800898513477436/

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
Hello Guys,

Just wanna reiterate that due to the imminent deletion of this page, all BROS GONE WILD events will be canceled until further notice, ESPECIALLY THIS CURRENT EVENT TODAY! Unless specified by the owner of Bros Gone Wild, all events are cancelled!

Thank you,
Kelvin Nunez

Brendan A

Smash Cadet
Hello Guys,

Just wanna reiterate that due to the imminent deletion of this page, all BROS GONE WILD events will be canceled until further notice, ESPECIALLY THIS CURRENT EVENT TODAY! Unless specified by the owner of Bros Gone Wild, all events are cancelled!

Thank you,
Kelvin Nunez
Dang that sucks.

Top Bottom