• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 27, 2014] Who's Tyler? X!!! It's coming this month!!! (Tyler, TX)

Infamous_Prime

Smash Cadet
Honestly it wouldn't be that hard to fit that in. Especially if your turn out is smaller than anticipated
Mid tiers are the ****
ALso 10 days away hype
I agree, mid tiers are the ****. Especially when you main a mid tier, and pretty much all of tyler has a good mid tier they can play with. #shame

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Ok so I've got good news and some bad news and some worse news

The bad news is that like 50% of who all originally wanted to come has deconfirmed(ugh) so the event is gonna be a little smaller than planned, no big deal.
We just switch to the library and have a normal event, right? WRONG

The worse news is that I've already paid a non-refundable deposit on the hotel of $250. SO WE'RE PLAYING AT THE HOTEL. I'll probably see if I can try to drop one room and save some money, but I'll likely be buying a room thats a little smaller than the room at the library for 5x as much as the library.

I don't actually have good news, but at least you got through the post with a little bit of hope right?

Just show up and we'll have fun and potentially no one else will deconfirm before the event.

Last edited:

ThaJakester

Valatunda! Valatunda!
NNID
ThaJakester
Unless something crazy stupid happens last minute...you can otherwise confirm "IRBro tiGGer!" to arrive and enter into this event >xD

Shiro_lod

Smash Cadet
There's always good news - it's smash.

I've never been out of state for any tournaments, it was super convenient that this was going on so close to my friend- I can visit AND smash. I'm hyped up to be going and it'll be fun to meet new people who are just as into smash as I am. Looking forward to meeting all of you who are going.

Last edited:

Infamous_Prime

Smash Cadet
ZAN. you should come. and do double wario with labernash. lol. im sure spending ALL that time on the road to win just a little bit of money would be totally worth it....:p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I totally would...if I wasn't under 18 :(

Also why me, I'm just a random LOL

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I had posted a couple pages back that I might be able to make this (keyword being MIGHT). But I leave Sunday night with my wife, my father-in-law, and my stepmother-in-law to go to Dallas to prep for USCIS stuff.

So, I can't make it now. Have a blast and send brawl off in style!

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Xyro isn't going anymore :/

PRICE CHANGE:

Doubles is now $5 per person($10 per team)
Venue is now $10($5 if you bring a set-up)

They dropped the second room from my bill I'm so happyyyyy

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
So there's a hundred dollar pot bonus? I thought I read the whole thread but I guess not

Edit: Sigh I was really looking forward to this. Sad to see people give up such an awesome game

Last edited:

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
I know :/ Smash 4 will be fun in a tournament setting tho, I can't wait.

Denti and leaf and you are like the only notable players traveling now.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
I am sure JNig will continue traveling, and maybe Brawlman, though I'm not exactly clear on their abilities to do so since they are further from TX than me.
At any rate, I hope we can continue to merge the LA/TX scene for a new game (perhaps with Brawl side events :D)

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
I am sure JNig will continue traveling, and maybe Brawlman, though I'm not exactly clear on their abilities to do so since they are further from TX than me.
At any rate, I hope we can continue to merge the LA/TX scene for a new game (perhaps with Brawl side events :D)
I like this guy ^

safariblade

Smash Rookie
This was a fun tournament, thanks for hosting.
I thought I might as well post since I've had this account forever but have never posted.

Top Bottom