• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 23, 2015] CTSE Presents: Hall of Gaming Smash 4 Biweekly! (Wallingford, Connecticut)

brokr

Smash Rookie
NNID
soulace
hey guys, this is the tournament page for Hall of Gaming's Smash 4 biweekly! this event will alternate with our Project M biweekly tournament. hope to see you there! let me know if you have any questions.

SCHEDULE (every other Wednesday!)
5:00 pm; Doors open
6:00 pm; Registration begins
7:00 pm; Tournament begins​

COSTS
$5 Venue
$5 Registration​

we have 10 ASUS monitors at the venue, but we'd love it if you could bring a Wii U with a gamecube adapter! if you are going to be using a controller other than the Gamecube controller, we ask that you please make sure you have everything you need to have it working (batteries, a Wiimote, etc). we do not recommend you use a gamepad, as not everyone brings theirs to the venue.

PRIZES
Generally, we split prizes 60% / 30% / 10% between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively. If attendance is high enough, we may modify this slightly to include another placement.​

RULES AND STAGELIST
2 stocks, 6 minutes. Items off.
All sets are to be played best of 3 until semifinals for both winner's and loser's bracket, which are best of 5.
Mii Fighters set to 1111 using system default sizes are legal.​

Starters;
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Dreamland
Counterpicks;
Lylat
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt
Strike stages 1-2-1; winner then bans 2 stages, opponent picks.​

Last edited:

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I'm coming back!! :D

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Was a fun first venue, was glad to hit top 10. Ggs to everyone there :)

TuukkaTime

Smash Cadet
NNID
OmegaLesPaul
Most likely I'll be there! It'll be my first tournament too :) anything I should know before I go?

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Ggs to everyone, so happy I took 1st. Hope to see you all again :)

PurpleBubbles

Smash Rookie
NNID
PurpleBubbles1
When is the next one and is there doubles

Last edited:

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
When is the next one and is there doubles
Last time they were hosting a dubs without a prize pool after singles finished, don't know if that will happen again.
Next tourney should be next week on Wednesday.
Signups start at 6.

Last edited:

PurpleBubbles

Smash Rookie
NNID
PurpleBubbles1
Last time they were hosting a dubs without a prize pool after singles finished, don't know if that will happen again.
Next tourney should be next week on Wednesday.
Signups start at 6.
Ok cool I have been here a few times before but not since they split up from PM so I'm a little confused

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Ok cool I have been here a few times before but not since they split up from PM so I'm a little confused
Yeah, Smash 4 and PM alternate weeks. PM is this week, next should be smash4.
Hope to see you there!

solobeatz

Smash Rookie
NNID
BrotherFortified
lol I was just going to ask the same thing. I saw something about the 17th in another thread and got confused. Tomorrow, 6pm, Got it.

solobeatz

Smash Rookie
NNID
BrotherFortified
Yesterday was awesome! I didn't realize how many people I know in the area play smash. See you guys soon!

MLGF

Smash Lord
Just so no one makes the mistake of going next week...

HoG has closed doors, there will be no events going on next week for either game.

~Peace

TDC

Smash Rookie
Is this tournament still going on? If not are there any other locals in CT?

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Is this tournament still going on? If not are there any other locals in CT?
Yes TDC. We have a Bi-weekly that happens at Hall of Gaming's new location "Wallingford Computer Center" located at 144 Center Street in Wallingford Connecticut. The next bi-weekly will be occuring on Wednesday, January 13th. Here is a link to the event page. https://www.facebook.com/events/940886156002046/

There is also a new venue located at the old location of Hall of Gaming. It is called Underworld Gamez and it hosts all Smash games on a regular basis. We have a weekly that occurs there every Tuesday. The address is 220 North Colony Street, Wallingford CT. Here is a link to their page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/261268374081508/?fref=nf

Retro Games Plus also does random monthly tournaments that I have yet to become familiar with, alongside King's Landing in Waterbury CT which does a bi-weekly on dates that have yet to be established.

Last but not least there is a venue called Game Haven in Norwalk CT, 10 Cross Street that hosts bi-weeklies (I think?).

Of all of the venues Wallingford Computer Center has the highest amount of turnout with a regular 30+ for our bi-weekly (and growing), but Underworld Gamez is also gaining traction, I would recommend you try these two venues first as majority of the best in CT come to them.

Top Bottom