• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 19, 2015] Monster Smash Saturday (Highland, IN)

ReadBarren

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, this is a relatively new tournament to fill in the gap for players stuck between Chicago and South Bend who still want to get a good tournament experience with higher level players without 1 hour+ drives. Our first tournament (7/25) ran very smoothly and ZeRo made a surprise appearance to take our money in PM and Smash 4.

All of the information, including schedule, rules, and payout, can be found on this doc. It also has a signup sheet to make the TO's life easier.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oTJo4UeRyAdT9lGFDFIfog-mW2KBliX7PMQ0_YdUfYo/edit?usp=sharing

Very briefly, the venue fee is $10 with discounts available for setups ($2 for console and $3 for TV) and an extra $1 off if you bring a friend who has not competed at MSS before. Each bracket is $5. We are going to attempt singles and doubles (if there are enough teams) for Melee, PM and Smash 4. Setups are in demand to make things run smoothly. The first game's bracket begins at 2:00PM, with registration closing 15 minutes before each event.

Some matches are recorded and uploaded the night after on my YouTube channel. The goal is to get a stream setup going once we've saved up some money from the venue fee. You can find the matches here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQYKWko-yWQMTnShwXxCGUQ/feed?&ab_channel=ReadBarren

Keep up to date with the event by checking the Google doc and the Northwest Indiana Melee and PM Facebook group. Due to the nature of this being an infant of a weekly, I'm open to suggestions on how the tournament should be run and what you want to get out of it and I'll do my best to provide such an experience. Thanks and I look forward to seeing you there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom