• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Sep 19, 2015] HASLfest 12 - Smash WiiU, Melee, PM (Huntsville, AL)

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
Hell of a first tournament for me, I loved every minute of it. Shoutouts to Spade and Pudd for giving me the best matches in my life. I'm disappointed in myself for choking so hard against Pudd, but it just gives me resolve to come back again and try even harder. I'll be back.

Last edited:

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Hell of a first tournament for me, I loved every minute of it. Shoutouts to Spade and Pudd for giving me the best matches in my life. I'm disappointed in myself for choking so hard against Pudd, but it just gives me resolve to come back again and try even harder. I'll be back.
Awesome job man. Very impressive Meta Knight, hope to see you back!

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Couldn't get off work this month, too much going on. Is next month's going to be on the 15th? If so I need to put in for it ASAP.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Another month, another missed tournament. Couldn't get off that Saturday, but I do get off at 3. Won't be able to enter (Melee/PM) but I'll still go and try to play some friendlies after work. Can't improve if I don't play against other people.

Hopefully someday there will be enough interest for weeklies to start up here, I'd be there every week as long as the time worked out for me.

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Noted doods, I'm not sure if I've ever played of heard of either of you so just keep a look out for your tags at the event
Is your tag saki?

And that offer is open to anyone. 5$ MM at next HASL. I like to do a first to five, and you can never be the same character, but just a regular first to five is cool too!

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Is your tag saki?

And that offer is open to anyone. 5$ MM at next HASL. I like to do a first to five, and you can never be the same character, but just a regular first to five is cool too!
TP(TasyaProject) Saki, though I stopped going to events in like.... February? At this event I'll be making the transition to Tasya for my tag.

moogle

Smash Ace
VENUE CHANGE!

https://www.facebook.com/events/647918518678604/permalink/654912521312537/

"We have had a mix up in scheduling and it turns out UAH orientation takes priority.

The new venue is still on the UAH campus but at the Material Science building. We will be using the classrooms 102 - 109 and as we full expect some confusion there will be lots of signs for parking and directing you to the right building.

The address is 900 John Wright Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35805 and here is a map to the location https://goo.gl/maps/WzSRu

Please contact Nick Hanson at 256-975-3628 if you are running late."

Series Gaming

Smash Cadet
Hello, I am new to the tournament scene but I am looking to get into it. My questions are:

Is the afore mentioned tournament HASLfest 11 happening on August, 15, 2015 or has something changed?

Can anybody show up and sign up for the tournament, if so do I do so on site or through messages?

Just for confirmation purposes the tournament will be held at the location stated originally at the post, if not correct me.

Thanks for any information you guys give and I hope you have an epic tournament no matter the sit

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hello, I am new to the tournament scene but I am looking to get into it. My questions are:

Is the afore mentioned tournament HASLfest 11 happening on August, 15, 2015 or has something changed?
Yes, the event is sitll on August 15th.

Can anybody show up and sign up for the tournament, if so do I do so on site or through messages?
Yep, as long as you're on time.
Edit: There will be a table at the event that will hold registration.

Just for confirmation purposes the tournament will be held at the location stated originally at the post, if not correct me.
UAH Science Building.
Here is a Map Courtesy of the event organizers

Last edited:

Series Gaming

Smash Cadet
Thankyou so much for the information, I plan on being there for the Smash wii u tournament singles, do I need to show up at noon or can I show up earlier since that is the only format I wish to compete in?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Thankyou so much for the information, I plan on being there for the Smash wii u tournament singles, do I need to show up at noon or can I show up earlier since that is the only format I wish to compete in?
Smash Wii U starts at 6pm so anytime before that, if anything I'd recommend being there by 5pm for the hosts sake.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Nice Palutena Saki! Love seeing Palutena being played!
Thanks man, I had a blast using her before my hiatus from Feb-Onwards. Now I'm just sticking to my favorite series and doing FE (Marth/Lucina).

Ayyyy

I'll try my luck.
Sure thing!

So
@Pudding009
@ Keet Keet
@ Sergeant_snivy79 Sergeant_snivy79
@ Cox Box Cox Box
@ Arkaizer Arkaizer
@DanGR

I went ahead and ordered the shirt. My Tag from here on out will be Tasya and will say so on the shirt as well. GL HF, I'm looking forward to finally getting back into the scene and playing you all.

NNID
MasterIcarus7

Thanks for any information you guys give and I hope you have an epic tournament no matter the sit
Are you planning on going to any other tourneys soon. I love playing new players, because their inexperience makes them think of creative strategies to win.

Sergeant_snivy79

Smash Rookie
NNID
wazzup243
3DS FC
2363-6055-8484
I sincerely hope nobody looks up my username and finds this message somewhere in the search results.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
ugh im so disappointed in myself
A lot of people are disappointed with their performance. But then again, with so many stepping their game up it'd be rude for us as players to think that'd we, the competitor, would be the only ones trying to improve.

So what now? Practice even harder. Review those matchup videos, watch some top 8 national matches, and work on general mechanics. I mean for starters I feel we all could benefit from incorporating trumping into our game.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I can upload the friendlies. I'm not sure who was playing at what times, though, so it'll just be a bunch of games together.

Edit: I just uploaded the video. I think I got everyone's tag right, but let me know if you notice that any of the info is wrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ueGa8OAS08
That's the right way to do it. It's friendlies so there's no point breaking it into separate vods, and players will know when they played. If it's that important to people, we should tell them to use a tag when playing on a recording setup.

moogle

Smash Ace

Versus Huntsville 1.0
SmashboardsFacebookPreregistration

HASL and the Huntsville Fight Dojo are proud to announce a new event series with a familiar experience. Versus Huntsville is an evolution of the year-old HASLfest and will take place on the third Saturday of each month.

Top Bottom