• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 18, 2015] Jay Street Video Games Melee Tournament (King of Prussia, PA)

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
Does Jay Street have tournaments for Smash 4 on another day? I live very close by to the store and enjoy coming there a lot and it would be terrific if there was a Smash 4 scene close by to me!

GraceWG

Smash Ace
NNID
Patriot_46
3DS FC
1633-4687-3743
Is this standard format? Is there an entrance fee? Will it be streamed?

k0.

Smash Rookie
NNID
damon0722
To all the people asking for Smash 4, we definitely need a scene around here. Someone start it up!

TheBrill

Smash Rookie
I was there last year in October I think. Venue is a small little store in the enormous King of Prussia mall, with no fees to enter (as far as I know from the time I was there.) Winner of the tournament got a 50$ gift card for the store, so it's really more for the fun of competing in my opinion. Went with two friends who had never played competitively before, and I ended up getting 6th at the tournament out of probably 20 people. I never play melee competitively much but the competition was easy as cake lol. Regardless, it was loads of fun, lots of variation in ages there (there were 20 year old guys that knew 11 year old kids that were frequent players there), everyone seemed to know everyone, and it was all around a chill playing environment. People were super friendly and no one seemed cocky/arrogant like I find at some tournaments (especially for Melee). Only downside was the drive to Philly and they only had 1 big screen plasma tv that lagged. All in all good tourney though.

GraceWG

Smash Ace
NNID
Patriot_46
3DS FC
1633-4687-3743
hmn, i might come. I'm trying to become competitive, but fighting level 9 cpu's and my brother isn't really practice. lol. Thanks for the info!
I was there last year in October I think. Venue is a small little store in the enormous King of Prussia mall, with no fees to enter (as far as I know from the time I was there.) Winner of the tournament got a 50$ gift card for the store, so it's really more for the fun of competing in my opinion. Went with two friends who had never played competitively before, and I ended up getting 6th at the tournament out of probably 20 people. I never play melee competitively much but the competition was easy as cake lol. Regardless, it was loads of fun, lots of variation in ages there (there were 20 year old guys that knew 11 year old kids that were frequent players there), everyone seemed to know everyone, and it was all around a chill playing environment. People were super friendly and no one seemed cocky/arrogant like I find at some tournaments (especially for Melee). Only downside was the drive to Philly and they only had 1 big screen plasma tv that lagged. All in all good tourney though.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
I really don't like it when people just write SMASH 4 in all caps without thinking about the business decisions involved in choosing Melee instead. I've been to tournaments for both games, and I do have to say that on average more people show up to Melee than to a Smash 4 event. Maybe they can't support two titles at this time? Also, a scene doesn't really happen with one person. You don't just go "[I personally haven't got the means to start one, but] somebody start a smash 4 scene here!", you cooperate.

I understand that most of you are not trying to be disrespectful but it really does look like it to me.

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
I really don't like it when people just write SMASH 4 in all caps without thinking about the business decisions involved in choosing Melee instead. I've been to tournaments for both games, and I do have to say that on average more people show up to Melee than to a Smash 4 event. Maybe they can't support two titles at this time? Also, a scene doesn't really happen with one person. You don't just go "[I personally haven't got the means to start one, but] somebody start a smash 4 scene here!", you cooperate.

I understand that most of you are not trying to be disrespectful but it really does look like it to me.
No disrespect at all man. These threads for events are usually dead anyhow. It's really just letting them know there's an audience and people who would attend if smash 4 was attempted to be run. It's not harassment but just letting this guy know that there is a market for another series and we'd love to see it. Good luck with the melee tourney though and hope it prospers. Cheers!

Top Bottom