• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Sep 15, 2015] Provo Game Den Weekly (Provo, UT)

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
SCHEDULE
------------------
Every Tuesday!

05:00pm - venue opens
06:00pm - tournament 1 starts
08:00pm - tournament 2 starts

1st week of the month:
- tournament 1 is melee singles
- tournament 2 is wii u singles
2nd week of the month:
- tournament 1 is project m singles
- tournament 2 is wii u teams
3rd week of the month:
- tournament 1 is wii u singles
- tournament 2 is melee singles
4th week of the month:
- tournament 1 is wii u teams
- tournament 2 is project m singles
5th week of the month:
- TBA

Game Den (Provo)
2255 N University Pkwy #43
Provo, UT 84604

Look for it on the west side
of the shopping center
where the Walmart is located.

LINKS
----------
Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/gamersabbey
Bracket: http://challonge.com/pgdwYYMMDDG where YY is two-digit year, MM is two-digit month, DD is two-digit day, and G is game abbreviation (melee is m, project m is pm, wii u singles is ws, wii u teams is wt)
Past Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTW8ZlOabh31ONGl2c7CtUQ/playlists

FEES
---------
$5 Venue Fee (waived if you bring a wii u console, smash for wii u with everything unlocked, and a gamecube adapter)
$3 Tournament Buy-ins

ADDITIONAL INFO
----------------------------
Tournaments will be swiss-style meaning there is no player elimination.

Bern Shesh

Smash Rookie
Is there a prize? If so, what are they? How many entrants are allowed?
Sorry if this is obvious, I'm an avid smash player, but I've only been to a couple tournaments.

Last edited:

Mr.ケイ

Smash Apprentice
There seems to be an issue when it comes to Wii U doubles, simply put, not enough teams are getting formed to create a tournament. I suspect this is because most potential participants don't have someone to establish a team with, so they don't show up all together. My best advise would be, for anyone who wants to participate in the doubles tournament, to establish a team with someone during the singles tournament the week prior to the doubles tournament so that teams are established and we can get a doubles tournament going.

Juan pWn!

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr.gamer76
3DS FC
3497-1497-6084
I'd like to join, and I have my brother with me for teams, but I'd also like to join the wii u singles, so if the next ones June 2nd they do the first week for tourneys right?

Last edited:

FREAKIN SNOOPY

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3626-0793-1187
Ok so me and my group would like to attend on the 7th of July and we needed some questions answered if you can please #1 we would like to know if you can use a 3ds as a controller. We don't think that you guys would have a problem with it but there are tournaments that don't allow them, my friends are beginners that haven't played the wii u version that much so they don't like the GC controller. #2 i was curious to see if there is a prize for winning I doubt that we could win but it's still nice to know if there's a prize.

Top Bottom