• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Sep 14, 2015] PM in the PM (Oceanside CA)

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
5 dollar venue, 3 dollar dubs, 5 dollar singles.
Located in oceanside at Our Playz.
You guys know the drill, bring the hype, bring your A game, and bring a set up!
doors open at 4, tournament starts at 6, Please, for the love of god, be on time.

Event will be streamed at http://www.twitch.tv/sandiegopm

Ill see all of you in bracket.

Last edited:

_Harrison

Smash Rookie
What game do you guys use during tournaments (Melee, Brawl, 4, etc.) and is it every week or so or is this just an occasion for a tournament?

Wreckening

Smash Rookie
Clever but simple name, i like it. If this weekly keeps up ill definitely show when i come out there to visit in a few weeks

Wreckening

Smash Rookie
What game do you guys use during tournaments (Melee, Brawl, 4, etc.) and is it every week or so or is this just an occasion for a tournament?
it's called PM in the PM, so it's probable safe to assume Project M will be at least the main event, if not the only one xD

tacoyum6

Smash Rookie
Hey, my friends and I up in San Clemente would be interested in coming. Is this a regular Monday night tourny, and what time should we show up (4 or 6)? Should we bring a wii and/or a crt? Really excited, this will be our first time in a real tournament :)

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Hey, my friends and I up in San Clemente would be interested in coming. Is this a regular Monday night tourny, and what time should we show up (4 or 6)? Should we bring a wii and/or a crt? Really excited, this will be our first time in a real tournament :)
I apologize for not responding, for some reason I didnt have this thread followed despite me creating it... This is a weekly PM tourney every monday, doubles starts around 6 PM, if you can bring a full setup (wii & crt) then it will be much appreciated! again so sorry for the late response!

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
Hey what's up I'm also a San clamente Smash Bros. Player do you guys wanna meet up sometime and practice?

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
Will you be having more of these? My brother and I recently moved to Oceanside. We would love to attend more. And if you ever plan on having smash 4, we have a setup

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
Will you be having more of these? My brother and I recently moved to Oceanside. We would love to attend more. And if you ever plan on having smash 4, we have a setup
If you wanna play smash 4 there are weekly tournaments at the Oomba center in the Laguna hills mall. Might be a kinda far drive though :/

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
PM in the PM will probably never host sm4sh, however, there is a slight chance that PM @ The Office in San Marcos might in the distant future

Adamzain12

Smash Rookie
I'm looking to get into smash. I'm a scrub but I live on Pendleton now. It would be cool to meet the community I see so much online . Feel free to message me numbers. I only have a controller but I can drive an hour north or south most any day.

brian_gilmore9

Smash Rookie
What should I bring just a controller and money right? Also on the our playz Facebook, they haven't listed this as an event....sorry for nagging but I just wanna make sure..... Thx

Last edited:

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
Ya it would be great but I'm only 13 and ya know stranger danger right..... Thx anyways tho
Yah, ok i get if I'm coming off kinda strong but if you want we could Skype or something to prove the fact that I'm not a weird freak. But I do genuinely want someone to train with who's relatively close to me because everyone else I know who does smash is like 30 mins away in Laguna

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
What should I bring just a controller and money right? Also on the our playz Facebook, they haven't listed this as an event....sorry for nagging but I just wanna make sure..... Thx
The Event is Hosted at Ourplayz, but it isnt hosted by them. It's hosted by SDPM and all the information can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SanDiegoPM/ I'm not 100% on if the event page for PM in the PM has been made yet, but it will be and its happening and yeah just bring ur controller and dat moneyz.

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
Hey I ran into someone from this thread IRL but I don't know who. I was the guy wearing the LOZ hat in taco bell. I was wearing glasses and had a bike with me. I just wanna know who that was so I could stay in contact with local smashers.

brian_gilmore9

Smash Rookie
Hey I ran into someone from this thread IRL but I don't know who. I was the guy wearing the LOZ hat in taco bell. I was wearing glasses and had a bike with me. I just wanna know who that was so I could stay in contact with local smashers.
It was me

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
Hey is it ok if I come in around 8 and I still want to compete... Will sign ups still be open?
If your THAT late then absolutely no, always try to be on time if your gonna attend a tourney or tell someone you'll be a little late. 4 hours though... There's no way they'd hold the tournament up for 4 hours. You could probably play friendlies though. :/

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
I went to one of these a few weeks ago. You guys really need to get more setups. I didn't even get to play my matches in losers bracket before I had to leave.

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
How was the tourney this time? also if set-ups are a really big issue then I could come by sometimes. I live 40 mins away and I don't play pm but I'd be down to help but It'd be hard

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Is this 3.5 or 3.6? And are singles or doubles first? If it's 3.5 I can bring a set up
its 3.6. I don't think u'll be able to find any tournaments that run 3.5 anymore. Stage list is Starters: green hill, Smashville, Battlefield, PS2, and Delfino Secret, Counter Picks: Wario Ware, FoD, Dreamland, Norfair, Final Destination

BearyOjal

Smash Rookie
Are you guys still doing these? Also, if you're still doing them, will the matches be uploaded to youtube?

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Yeah they're still happening, Im actually not sure what is going on with the youtube videos because that is someone else's deal, they used to be uploaded to the SDPM youtube page but I think we are trying to merge w/ the LA scene and start uploading every socal thing together.

EvanBuck

Smash Cadet
PM in the PM will probably never host sm4sh, however, there is a slight chance that PM @ The Office in San Marcos might in the distant future
Reading over this thread since I live in the North County area. Is there a thread for PM @ The Office in San Marcos? I go to CSUSM and would love to play some Smash 4 if/when you host it at that tournament.

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Reading over this thread since I live in the North County area. Is there a thread for PM @ The Office in San Marcos? I go to CSUSM and would love to play some Smash 4 if/when you host it at that tournament.
PM @ The Office is officially on hiatus until further notice.

Top Bottom