• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Sep 14, 2015] Mega Smash Mondays @ Bellflower (Bellflower)

sonicmega

Smash Rookie
NNID
sonicmega
3DS FC
1306-5031-6241
Your new Monday button-mashing mayhem meetup is HERE! Collaboratively hosted/run by Sean Chiplock (sonicmega), "Habib" Cesar, and "Champ" Tangwongkitsiri, Mega Smash Mondays is committed to bringing tournament opportunities to more local areas. Come out and have a Smashing time!

---All Events Are BYOC (Bring your Own Controller)---

GAME: Super Smash Bros Wii U

SCHEDULE:
4:00 PM - Doors open for setup volunteers
4:30 PM - Doors open to general public; signups begin

5:15 PM - Doubles Signups close
5:30 PM - Doubles Tournament begins

6:30 PM - Singles Signups 'close'; late entries may or may not be considered
7:00 PM - Singles Tournament begins; signups hard closed (no exceptions)

(RAFFLE PRIZE will be drawn at the START OF ROUND 3 SINGLES. Winner must be present at venue to accept prize.)

PRICING:
Venue Fee: $5
Singles Fee: $5
Doubles Fee: $5 (per person)

DISCOUNTS:
WiiU (w/ game + adapter) - $2 off venue
Monitor - $2 off venue
All of the above - Venue Fee Waived

(Due to consistent lack of use, systems w/o adapters are NOT ELIGIBLE for discount)

POT PAYOUT:
1st Place: 60%
2nd Place : 30%
3rd place : 10%

(Payout will be re-assigned to include 4th or 5th in case of high attendance)

RULES:

● Custom moves, equipment and Miis are banned
● 2 Or 3 Stock Singles (SEE **)
● 6-8 minutes (dependent on Stocks)
● All Doubles Matches are 3-stock 8 minutes
● Best of 3
● Best of 5: Winners/Losers Semis and all sets afterwards
● No sudden deaths (lower percent wins)
● LAST-STOCK BOWSERCIDE OR GANONDUNK GIVES THEM THE WIN I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE
● Items off
● Bring your own controllers/adapters
● Double elimination

** Each paying entrant is given 1 vote that can be applied to ask for either 2 Stock OR 3 Stock matches. At Tournament Start time, the choice with higher votes will be used for that tournament. Entrants will not see the tally before voting ends.

STAGE CHOICES:

--Starter--
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Town and City
Smashville

--Counterpick--
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Castle Siege
Duck Hunt

PICKING A STAGE:

● Player with Port Priority may strike 1 or 2 stages. Player 2 then strikes 2 additional stages (regardless of what Player 1 chose); If more than 1 stage remains, Player 1 then makes the final strike.
● You cannot counterpick a stage that you have already won on in the set, unless mutually agreed to.
● During the stage ban phase, the player who won the previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter or Counterpick lists.
● Banning Final Destination also bans all Omega forms.
● Omega Form stages MUST be mutually agreed to; you cannot force your opponent onto a specific Omega stage as a counterpick.

CONDUCT:
(Stolen shamelessly with thanks to Alex Colucci and OOMBA)

● Tournament attendees are expected to maintain respectful conduct towards other attendees and players (i.e. not knocking players, yelling in ears, etc.).
● Tournament attendees are expected to respect the venue, equipment, and other's property; and liable for any damages they render.
● Coaching is allowed only between games.
● Bracket manipulation is not allowed (intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, subbing).
● Controllers must have batteries removed when not playing.
● Stations designated as 'for tournament' are not to be used for Friendlies until they have been reassigned as such. Players caught using tournament stations for non-tournament matches WILL BE DQ'D, regardless of current bracket position.

SPECIAL NOTES:

1. Discounts are given only for monitors/systems that are used.
2. TOs have the final say on any rulings.
3. Event and rules are subject to change without notice (although we will do our best to inform ahead of time)
4. Volunteers are responsible for the safety/use of their provided setups/monitors. Efforts will be made to ensure you return home with your items, but we cannot guarantee any protection vs. loss, theft, or damage.

Please ask one of the TOs if you have any questions or feel that a rule or regulation is being violated.

pSonictheRapper

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-3369-8568

LordBahamut

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3840-6376-3220
aww crap! the one time there is a tournament going on within driving distance and i'm not going...sad times.

lChronosl

Smash Rookie
Hey is this every monday!?!?!?!?! please i would like to know. I live nearby and am trying to search for people to play with. I live in the 90201 area

himtoo

Smash Rookie
NNID
himtoo
Hey is this every monday!?!?!?!?! please i would like to know. I live nearby and am trying to search for people to play with. I live in the 90201 area
Yea it is. I just found it myself actually I went to last Mondays tourney. It's cool!

Top Bottom