• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 13, 2014] KLPI Bi-Weekly Brawl and Project M Tournament (Ruston, LA)

Ponkapa

Smash Cadet
Hosted by KLPI, our local radio station, and the three smashers DJ Drix, Mr. Fish, and yours truly, we are pleased to present the continuation of our bi-weekly tournaments!

Results Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/klpis-get-good-smash-bi-weekly-9-13-14.369648/

We are currently working on a more permanent venue for the tournaments, as we can no longer use the Kennel. -PLEASE- be gentle on this venue!
We are also working on giving a stronger streaming experience, complete with planned teams of commentators. Woo!

Date: Septermber 13th, 2014
Schedule:
Registration/Setup: 11am-12:50pm
Tournament: 1pm-9pm
Note: Actual tournament end is subject to change.

Venue:
Louisiana Tech University's Tolliver Hall
Louisiana Tech University
305 Wisteria St
Ruston, LA 71272

Entry Fee: 2$
Prizes: Prizes are currently a 60/30/10 split for top 3.
Bring a setup? No Entry Fee!
(A setup is a working CRT, Console, and Game.)
Feel free to come for friendlies even if you don't want to join in! We wanted to be able to provide some kind of prize for our winners, and hopefully can continue doing so (It's dependent on our venue letting us, after all!)

Ruleset:
Brawl Rules:
The tournament will abide by the Apex 2014 Official Rules: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/brawl/
EDIT: Frigate Orpheon has been added to the CP stage list.
EDIT: The LGL has been extended to 50 for all characters except MK.

Project M Rules: The tournament will abide by the Apex 2014 Official Rules: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/projectm/

Looking forward to seeing everyone there, and as always, let's make this thing big!

Last edited:

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
Happy to see this is back! I wont be at this one cause I've got to go to Dallas, but Ill hopefully bring the BS crew along for the next one.

Ponkapa

Smash Cadet
In order of posts:
I assume so,
Woo!
Woo!

And yeah, I'm we're glad to be back :4yoshi:

Last edited:

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
I plan on attending, I'll be bringing a friend of mine who plays PM.

Hope to see you guys there.

Sneakh

Smash Rookie
I'm omw. I should be there in time, but please register me early anyways if you can. I'm coming from Natchitoches.

tag: Sneak
Name: Tyler Baker

I'm bringing a wii and pm/brawl

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Awesome turnout! Sucks I had to leave early for work, I surely would have gotten 3rd in brawl and top8 in PM. When can we get results? Also I'll be uploading the brawl matches I managed to get recorded when I get the time.

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
fun tourny, i'd like to thank Frosti first of all for teaching me some marth techniques, and shoutouts to bestrin for my funnest game of the day.

also loved watching Sneak vs Ponka winners and grand finals.

Rodan

Smash Rookie
Great tournament everyone! Had lots of fun, wish I could have stayed longer. Had some great sets in P:M, and just some fun smash overall. Wish I could have stayed around longer, got more friendlies in. Will do so next time. Congrats to Sneak for winning P:M! Want to wait for a results thread for specific shout-outs, but enjoyed playing with everyone. Also thanks to the guy who let me try out Smash 3DS!

I'm coming for top 3 in both games next time!

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
I'd say so since it's bi-weekly. I'll see if I can go to next one, but we're moving so forgive me if I don't.

Ponkapa

Smash Cadet
Yes, we're having another one this Saturday. Also, sorry for not posting official results yet. I'll try to get them up tomorrow but I just got back from a convention (I thought it was going to be this weekend and not the last one up till Wednesday, and I left Thursday). DCS (DerpyConSouth) was awesome! Anyways, I'll post one more time and edit my OP when I post results tomorrow. Sorry for making everyone wait so long.

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
Yes, we're having another one this Saturday. Also, sorry for not posting official results yet. I'll try to get them up tomorrow but I just got back from a convention (I thought it was going to be this weekend and not the last one up till Wednesday, and I left Thursday). DCS (DerpyConSouth) was awesome! Anyways, I'll post one more time and edit my OP when I post results tomorrow. Sorry for making everyone wait so long.
alright, have y'all got an estimate for when brawl should end? Iv'e got a friend who has a cross country meet in the morning but wants to come for P:M. We may be able to show up for both, but could we register for P:M around 2-3?

Ponkapa

Smash Cadet
alright, have y'all got an estimate for when brawl should end? Iv'e got a friend who has a cross country meet in the morning but wants to come for P:M. We may be able to show up for both, but could we register for P:M around 2-3?
Well I'm really not sure. I suppose I could take an advance registration and try to work around your matches, if Brawl didn't go that long.

Top Bottom