• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 12, 2015] Super Honor Strength SMASH! (Huntington NY)

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
Yes. This week, however, the Friday Smash 4 tournament will NOT be hosted due to a venue conflict. Otherwise sign-up start every Friday at 5pm

Auri_

Smash Rookie
What's the usual turnout for these events?

edit: While I'm at it, is this a double elimination tournament? I understand there are Salty Seconds, but is there a loser's bracket as well? I'm planning on coming this Saturday with a few friends.

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
What's the usual turnout for these events?

edit: While I'm at it, is this a double elimination tournament? I understand there are Salty Seconds, but is there a loser's bracket as well? I'm planning on coming this Saturday with a few friends.
around 30 players. and yes, this is double elim.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Alright, I plan to start coming next week after all my exams are finally done, but I have a few questions:
-Do you have Gamecube Adapters there already?
-Exactly what is the scheduling? (the OP doesn't seem up to date) What games are held when?
-What ruleset do you play on Smash 4?
-Do you ever do Doubles?

Last edited:

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
we rely heavily on players bringing set-ups for s4. Registration starts at 5, bracket starts at 6.
Hey Rubba! I'm back! Hope you and the rest of HSS are well! So, on Fridays its just SMash 4 and staurdays just pm/melee? if so, what time do sign ups start on fridays for smash 4? Do you have all DLC (not that i use them but just wondering:)) Can't wait to see you!

CT Legion

Smash Rookie
So this is my first ever tournament, but I'm quite ready to (hopefully at least) impress.
What's the general skill level at these gatherings like?

Are we talking SilentWolf good, semi-pro good, or low tier competitive? Can I expect to be waveshined on a regular basis?

I have a long way to drive, so if I stand literally no chance I'd rather find a more local tournament.

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
So this is my first ever tournament, but I'm quite ready to (hopefully at least) impress.
What's the general skill level at these gatherings like?

Are we talking SilentWolf good, semi-pro good, or low tier competitive? Can I expect to be waveshined on a regular basis?

I have a long way to drive, so if I stand literally no chance I'd rather find a more local tournament.
our skill level is pretty few and far between but you should come out anyway. losing is the best way to learn.

we have people that are bad and great players like face.

edit: what character do you play? just curious

Last edited:

CT Legion

Smash Rookie
I play the entire roster besides Ice climbers/Bowser/Zelda very well. Its my Peach/Fox/Marth/CF/Sheik that are especially dangerous.

Dracobat10

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dracobat10
3DS FC
3454-1065-4941
So with our setups being heavily relied on for SM4sh, it's fine to use Ryu, Roy, & Lucas, unless they're banned for a bit right?
I even got SLHG (Smooth Lander Heavy Gravity) in mine if anyone wants to try the intensely face paced mode which has you die pretty quick & makes it hard to recover. Btw, with 3.6's beta out, will we be using that version, or stick with 3.5 ntil 3.6 truly releases?

CT Legion

Smash Rookie
I'm with 1Flow and infinite, I'm not clear on the time. Right above the time list in the OP, we have a huge 5/9 date being mentioned, which is long past. I really would appreciate a confirmation on the time as to when signups happen and stuff.

If anyone knows or can get in touch with those who do and then get back to us, that would be awesome!

EDIT:
I think I found it guys! To the right of the google map on top of the page, it appears to have very up to date listings. Here's what it says if you're too lazy to look yourself.

Start Date: Jun 27, 2015 01:00 PM
End Date: Jun 27, 2015 11:00 PM
Time zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

303 Main Street
Huntington NY

Posted By:Rubba Prime

Confirmed Attendees: 0

So it does seem like sign-ups start at 1PM

Last edited:

CT Legion

Smash Rookie
Can confirm I'll be there now. I'll be bringing an extra player as well. Maybe even two if everything works out.
Out of curiosity, are there any places to eat around here? And are there any breaks in the tournament where we can eat and stuff, or do we just have to manage to sneak in a meal between matches?

CT Legion

Smash Rookie
Hold on if it starts at 1 then I cant make it. Can we gt a decent confirmation please? >_<
Yeah, I'd still like to know for sure about the time. And about my food question, if at all possible?
(Though I know I basically JUST asked about the food lol)

EDIT: Mega Mare and other concerned Smash 4 peoples, since the TO is either too busy or not paying attention, (I hope its the former) I can find out for you if you're interested. I'll be there by 1PM for sure for Melee and PM sign-ups, and I can post here once I get there and find out if Smash 4 sign-ups start at 1pm or 5pm.

If this somehow violates any Smashboard rules, (I can't imagine being helpful would but I'm covering my bases) someone please inform me and I'll delete this or whatever else is necessary.

Last edited:

Dracobat10

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dracobat10
3DS FC
3454-1065-4941
Will Project M's 3.6 Beta be used for present tourneys or in the future when it's complete? I think it's be best for all to know, 3.5 could be used one last time unless someone announces we'll be moving on to 3.6 the following week. I'm loving 3.6 btw, u all should give it a shot as well.

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
Guys...I'm sorry I have not been here...but please just read the OP. Sign-ups OPEN at 1 pm....as in "you can usually sign up as early as 1pm. Each game's start time is clearly labeled as well. I don't wanna be "that stuck up TO", but c'mon people...

As far as Smash 4 I'll take a look at the OP and see if I can clarify the details.

Dracobat10

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dracobat10
3DS FC
3454-1065-4941
Alrighty, thanks for the note, love the changes to this version, & I'm looking forward to playing at HSS again after so long, last time I was there was during February actually, only came twice, but now I'm feeling I'm ready to show this Falcon's moves, & looking forward to ditto Advil if we meet in bracket, no money match inteneded less I state, but I've discovered a lotta tech about this character some may not have used. GL to the attendants of later HSS' as well.

PizzaBagel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tanookisuit2002

***HSS has two weekly events! Smash 4 on friday evenings and PM & Melee on Saturdays!***

SATURDAY: "Honor Strength SMASH!"
1:00pm - Registration Opens
2:00pm - Melee Singles
3:00pm - PM Singles
(Doubles or crew battles may occur based on player demand!)

FRIDAY: "HSS: Friday Night Smash"
5:00pm - Registration Opens
6:00pm - Smash Bros for Wii U Singles
(Doubles may occur with player demand)

ARRIVE ON TIME!

ENTRY

- $5 Venue Fee

- $5 Entry per game (Per player in the event of a doubles event)

- Bring a console + Matching game (and necessary unlocks) = $2 off venue

- With entry comes a chance to compete in Salty Seconds! This side event lets our less skilled players (or unlucky players *cough-cough-Johns-cough-cough*) to have another chance to compete after they have been knocked out. Those eliminated within the first few rounds get to keep playing and compete for a smallish prize!

*(Salty Seconds brackets rely on having enough time, space, and other factors to occur.)*

PRIZES

5-14 entries - Top 2 awarded
15-40 entries - Top 3 awarded

Everyone's entry fee adds to the prize pot. More players means larger prize amounts. Invite your friends!

Salty Seconds prizes may vary as they are included with the normal entry fee.
When is the entrys deadline

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
When is the entrys deadline
Hi bud! Welcome to Honor Strength Smash tournaments series. This forum is basically dead buit i like to answer questions:) Sign ups start at 5 pm today for Smash 4. The actual event starts at six so any tiem between 5 and 6 would be a good time to sign up. The earlier the better since you have less of a chance being late due to treaffic and you get to scope out the competition and beleive me its pretty damn good! Hope to see you later today. Im the the owner of this tournament series but i help out. @ Rubba Prime Rubba Prime is the founder of it but runs mainly PM and Melee and @SeanS runs smash 4! Both nice guys! Enjoy your HSS experience and hope this helped. Feel free to ask more questions anytime!

Top Bottom