• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Sep 10, 2015] Jax Smash Weeklies @ VGR (Jacksonville, Florida)

FilTheTurtle

Smash Cadet
NNID
FilTheTurtle
Join the Jacksonville Smash Community as we duke it out in the VideoGame Rescue gameroom/arcade. We primarily play Melee, and Wii U but are open to PM, 64, and even Brawl. The event is typically 5-10 on Thursday nights and are to help prepare for the monthly tournaments for cold, hard cash on a select Saturday of every month. Venue fee is usually $5, or $3 with a setup.

CMDaviz

Smash Rookie
Join the Jacksonville Smash Community as we duke it out in the VideoGame Rescue gameroom/arcade. We primarily play Melee, and Wii U but are open to PM, 64, and even Brawl. The event is typically 5-10 on Thursday nights and are to help prepare for the monthly tournaments for cold, hard cash on a select Saturday of every month. Venue fee is usually $5, or $3 with a setup.
This would be awesome! Is this a sure thing? And how many people so far?

FilTheTurtle

Smash Cadet
NNID
FilTheTurtle
This would be awesome! Is this a sure thing? And how many people so far?
Yes this is a definite event that happens every Thursday from 5-10 at Video Game Rescue
It has grown significantly in recent months. We almost always get over 20 entrants for both melee and smash 4 but this past week we broke 30 entrants for melee.

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
J to help prepare for the monthly tournaments for cold, hard cash on a select Saturday of every month. Venue fee is usually $5, or $3 with a setup.
Is there a schedule for the monthlies? I can't make it to the weekly events but want to compete.

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
Warning Received
Just FYI, the TO is an egomaniac. Don't feed his ego by going.

FilTheTurtle

Smash Cadet
NNID
FilTheTurtle
You get a discount for having a system with corresponding game, melee setups require you to have a CRT TV for the discount. Smash 4 and PM you receive a discount for having a system and the game but extra TVs are greatly appreciated!

milkmafiamaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
milkmafiamaster
You get a discount for having a system with corresponding game, melee setups require you to have a CRT TV for the discount. Smash 4 and PM you receive a discount for having a system and the game but extra TVs are greatly appreciated!
If I bring a set up for smash 4 but not melee do I get a discount for both or just smash 4?

TheEpicCD56

Smash Rookie
Ok so is the entry fee 5 bucks for the whole event or 5 bucks for each tournament you participate in?

PeeWee

Smash Rookie
Is the weekly get together tomorrow? If so then my friend and I will be there

Top Bottom