• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-Weekly AMA: Erureido

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

1576988538765.png

Erureido
This AMA's subject is a site regular and Gallade fanatic: Erureido

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Erureido has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

'kay, Erureido Erureido , take it away

I'll start:
  1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies
  3. What are your top 3 Pokemon, not including Gallade?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'll start:

What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
1) Greninja in Smash 4, hands down.

I will never forget the day he was revealed in April 2014. I came home late the day of that Smash 4 Direct, so I started watching at the part where Sakurai talked about the fighters. I was lucky enough to know that no new newcomer was revealed prior and learned the newcomer reveal was at the very end.I was quite excited to see the newcomer reveal would be Pokemon-themed when the trailer started, but when I saw the hands charging up that energy attack while Mario and Charizard were about to clash, I thought it was Mewtwo.

From the live reactions I've seen of that reveal trailer, I noticed a lot of fans were getting very excited and hype over the prospect of that figure being Mewtwo, and thus the trailer could reveal his grand return. As for me? My reaction was the opposite of that. I was watching that scene thinking, "Oh, so it looks Mewtwo is the big reveal. You know, I get that Mewtwo is iconic and all, but man, I was really hoping for something new." I kept saying and thinking to myself that it'd be Mewtwo out of indifference.

This mentality caused me to miss the detail that the energy attack that intercepted was Water Shuriken (the initial giveaway that Greninja was the reveal), so the moment I learned Greninja was the reveal was when he first appeared on screen. When I saw him appear in the trailer for the first time, I was astounded. At a time where it seemed like the Pokemon newcomer could be anybody, I did not expect Greninja, one of my favorite Kalos Pokemon, to be the one chosen to fight in Smash. Learning he was the Pokemon newcomer for Smash 4 right then and there felt so surreal yet so amazing to me! He had one amazing trailer too, complete with the awesome remix of the X/Y Trainer battle theme playing in the background!

That day was when I decided Greninja would be my Smash main, and to this day, Greninja is still my Smash main to this day. It all links back to that fateful day when he was first revealed!

What are your top 3 favorite movies?
I've got a number of them, but the one that has consistently been my favorite is Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva. I am a massive fan of the Layton series, so I will admit there is some bias with this one, but for what this movie does, it does it so well! The events of the movie are canon to the series and even play a pivotal role in prequel trilogy of the games. I love how the movie adapted the puzzles to a movie format in the perfect way, and it still had the same charm just like the Layton games. The cast was also fantastic in this one, both the new and the old. In fact, my favorite villain of all time, Jean Descole, also appears as the villain in this movie, and it's there we see him at his most evil. His sword duel with Layton in the movie is still one of my favorite scenes of any form of fiction to this day.

Another favorite movie of mine is Wall-E. It's got a very charming cast with some amazing visuals and a simple yet captivating story. For my third favorite, I'll go with Mission Impossible: Fallout. Has some of my favorite cinematography of any film that especially shines in the action scenes with a pretty engaging story too. I'd say this is my favorite action/spy movie to come out in recent times.

What are your top 3 Pokemon, not including Gallade?
My second favorite Pokemon is definitely Greninja. I really like ninjas, and Greninja pulls off the ninja aesthetic so well as a ninja frog. I especially like how its tongue functions as its ninja scarf too! Some of the expressions are also kinda goofy but also memorable (like its cross-eyes if often makes). It's also amazing in the games with prowess as a killer special sweeper. Smash 4 also played a big role in pushing Greninja to where he currently is now, as I absolute love using him in Smash!

My third favorite Pokemon is Aegislash. It pulls off the concept of a possessed sword really well. For a sword with an eye, it looks creepy yet very cool, and the fact is carries its own shield is neat. What I especially like about it is how it can be used in battle as a good defensive 'mon in its Defense form but then turns into a killer sweeper in its Offense form. I find it to be my favorite Swords Dance sweeper for that reason!

My fourth favorite Pokemon is Lurantis. It's a dual-wielder just like Gallade, only this time, it's a praying mantis. The design of this Pokemon appeals to me a lot. It's a cute, charming mantis, but also a fearsome one! It may not be the best sweeper, especially with its low speed and limited move pool, but it got the job well done in my storm teams for both Sun and Ultra Sun!

1. You ever play Quest 64?
Sadly no, so I'm afraid I can't say much else about that game.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
1. When and why did you get into Attack on Titan?

2. What's your favorite anime besides Attack on Titan?

3. Do you have any favorite Christmas and/or holiday traditions?

D

Deleted member

1. Do you have any LEGO stuff at your house?
2. Favourite Marvel team?
3. Any game you consider underrated?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
  1. Favorite food?
  2. Do you have a beard?
  3. Would you rather be a ninja, a pirate, or a secret agent?
1) Sushi

2) No beard; I always shave.

3) Probably a ninja because I'd be able to wear a mask and be extra stealthy.

1. When and why did you get into Attack on Titan?

2. What's your favorite anime besides Attack on Titan?

3. Do you have any favorite Christmas and/or holiday traditions?
1) I remember first hearing its opening (Guren no Yumiya) used in a Super Mario World-style spoof around September 2013. Thought the song was amazing and wanted to learn where it came from. It wasn't long before I discovered the source of the opening and saw clips of the show. I was impressed by the animation and music used in it, and when I learned about its post-apocalyptic premise, I became even more interested in watching it since I'm a sucker for apocalyptic-post apocalyptic media.

Then I started watching the show, and it would be then I would learn about the many mystery elements of the show and how it would introduce and build up to these big reveals that would explain the true nature of what's going on; as someone who is a sucker for mysteries and plot twists, that got me more engaged into the series. The story-telling was that good for me!

By the time I finished watching Season 1, I enjoyed AoT so much that I wanted to learn about what would happen next and didn't want to wait for Season 2 of the anime, so I immediately started reading the manga then, and I've been reading it since. In fact, it's the only manga that I actively read to this day (I generally prefer watching anime over reading manga, but AoT ended up being the exception because of how it hooked me)!

The cast of characters became an additional reason why I enjoy it so much; seeing how they developed as the series progressed is such a thrill, and some of the characters in AoT are among my favorite fictional characters to this day.

2) I should preface my answer by saying that AoT is my fourth favorite anime. My top 3 anime are as follows:
  1. Fate/Zero - Definitely my favorite. It's got that dark tone like Attack on Titan has with some amazing animation and a very memorable soundtrack. Out of all the Fate adaptations, this is the one that I feel captures the feeling of an epic battle royale the most. I also love the cast in this one: Kiritsugu is a badass and arguably my favorite fictional MC in anime, Saber is just as cool, Waver has awesome character development, Ishkander is an absolute bro, Kirei was a great villain, I could go on and on. I love revisiting this anime every now and then because it's just that good!
  2. Steins; Gate - Starts off slow to introduce our cast and setting, but once the middle climax kicks in, it become a really thrilling ride! The mysteries and twists of the show were very engaging, and so was the cinematography and directing in many scenes. Okabe was an awesome MC, though I like a lot of the Steins; Gate just as much (Kurisu deserves a mention for being my favorite tsundere).
  3. Cowboy Bebop - More episodic in nature compared to Fate/Zero, Steins; Fate, and Attack on Titan, but I find each episode to be very fun to watch. Takes a few episodes to get into it, but once Episode 5 kicks in and you are introduced to Spike's past, then it gets really good! All four main characters are largely what make this show so enjoyable to watch for me, especially with how they interact with each other. The jazzy music is also quite catchy in this one, and the animation is really good for an old school anime!
3) During my childhood, simply opening up Christmas gifts on Christmas morning was my favorite holiday tradition. Nowadays, I'd say hanging out and reuniting with old friends from high school at a New Year's party on New Year's Eve is my favorite holiday tradition.

1. Do you have any LEGO stuff at your house?
2. Favourite Marvel team?
3. Any game you consider underrated?
1) I used to have a Star Wars Lego set and a few Lego castle sets when I was a kid, but those have been dissembled and put away for storage at the moment. I'm honestly not sure where they are because it's been so long since I last used them.

2) I don't keenly follow Marvel and DC stuff like I used to because I lost interest in them over time, but I guess the Avengers come to mind.

3) Fire Emblem Warriors - The game has had a bad rep for quite a while because of its roster controversy, but in terms of the overall gameplay, it's honestly the best Dynasty Warriors-style game I ever played! This one felt much more strategic, and I especially like how they combined the key elements of Fire Emblem gameplay with that of something out of Dynasty Warriors.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
  1. What'd you ask for for Christmas? (Assuming you celebrate.)
  2. Have you ever watched any Gundam anime, and if so, what'd you like?
  3. If you could start today and do it for the rest of your life, what would be your dream career?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
  1. What'd you ask for for Christmas? (Assuming you celebrate.)
  2. Have you ever watched any Gundam anime, and if so, what'd you like?
  3. If you could start today and do it for the rest of your life, what would be your dream career?
1) Only thing I really asked for Christmas this year is a third generation iPad Pro complete with the updated iPad keyboard and second generation Apple Pencil. I've been using an iPad for downloading and taking on reading assignments in college, and nowadays, I use it for drawing and occasionally as an alternate Internet checker. My old iPad and Apple Pencil have started to show its age, so I feel like its time for a new one.

2) I watched one Gundam anime years ago when I was a child, but I hardly remember it because it's been so long ago and there quite a number of Gundam anime now.

3) Good question - If I could start a career today and do it for the rest of my life, I'd be either a foreign diplomat or an ambassador of sorts, representing my country in foreign affairs. If I can't be that, simply being a spokesperson for a company or organization with recruitment skills to get new employees/interns is just as appealing to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom