• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

semi-scar is so easy

c_joel1121

Smash Rookie
It is just as effective as scarring, can be done fairly easily, why is called semi scarring, when it has the same sweet spot, , and goes the same distance, this doesn't make sense, i found out also, if you your semi scar, happens to fail at the edge, there is a little sparkle, alittle glint, that tells you to release the down on the control stick, I use it alot, it is very effective

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
what's the difference then? the way ppl describe scarring just confuses me cause it's always different when i ask about it. i just figured out how to scar not to long ago, not holding down on the joy stick or anything, and not to mention when i try to scar it seems to work on almost every stage, unlike what i've herd up till now. i just need a straight forward answer on the whole scarring subject cause i am confused...

Rick-E

Smash Cadet
Scarring only works on certain levels(like battlefield) in which you press back on the control stick then hit forward+B. Semi-Scarring you can do on any stage and requires you too get squared up with the ledge then do forward+B. I'm not sure if their is much of a difference in distance/knockback ,etc.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
so u tellin me that when i go to scar and go around the edge onto the stage THAT'S semi-scarring or what?

§witch

Smash Lord
Scarring works on BF, Smashville, and that's basically it for tourney legal, scarring is when you are hanging from the edge, push away, and immediately forward b towards the stage. Semi-scarring, is when you are on your way back, line yourself up, forward b, and push down on the control pad, to stop ypou from grabbing the edge.

c_joel1121

Smash Rookie
the name should be changed, because its not less effective, The fact That I can use on all stages, helps, because the opponent never knows if I am going to grab the ledge or semi-scar it, semi-scar, the name be be changed

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
k then, i know now, i do that all the time on accident. i thought that was just using b forward as far away as posible so u don't grab the edge

Zaki

Smash Rookie
i dont scar at all... I dont even take advantage of the edge! i mean when its a perfect time to edgehog, i completely ignore the edge and wait till I can kill the opponent in the air
the only time i use the edge is when i need to ggrab it to get back on the stage

Takua1

Smash Rookie
NNID
keattz
3DS FC
4682-8726-4214
At this point, swapping the names would only cause confusion. Imagine telling someone you killed someone with a semi-scar… "Wait, you mean old semi-scarring, or new semi-scarring? So the one where you hold down? No?"

Top Bottom