• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Semi beginner roy wants your advice(vid inside @.@)

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so my friend got a video of me and samus in a match, and im going to post both vids. To some, this will be like "OH MY GOD...YOU SUCK...@.@...balls.." although your advice is welcomed as well xD. Thanks for watching or watch some of this (ITs hard for me to watch T.T).

WARNING:EXPLICT LANGAUGE AND GRAPHIC VIOLENCE ARE IN THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS. VIEWER DISCRETION ADVICED.(lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3qmxPK9JTE
I win this one and then I fake like I shoot myself at the end(I had finally won one against that samus @.@)->Second vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6KxCZx7CoI
lol...****....utter...**** T.T(first video)

SagePrime

Smash Cadet
That was pretty good, but you need to work on some fundamentals with Roy. First off, edgeguarding. You NEED to get better at it. When you truly learn how to do it the battles will become a lot easier. You definitely need to DED more. At first I thought that it wasnt a good move, but now I use it a lot and I like it. Wavedashing, try to incorporate some ledgeguarding. Another thing you did wrong in the first battle was let the Samus charge up a shot. Never let that happen when possible. Ummmm more mind games, or improve the ones you already have. Other than that it was alright.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
well... i just started playing roy last week... but your Roy isn't that bad... you just need 2 speeden him up alot... I did like how instead of rolling you either wavedashed back and ran away.... or just wavedashed away from the opponent... that's a lot of mistakes i see roys doing in the videos i watch... im basically gonna teach myself how 2 play with roy and get my own feel... and then incorporate advance moves in there... but you should always ALWAYS have a mind game... and an inside game b/c roy doesn't have a tip like his gay counter part Martha or whatever her name was... i think smash bros made the mistake of calling her Marth (they left the A out for some strange reason and gave her a teenage boys' voice, but they still left her tiara on tho)

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
lol, funny marth comment. Thanks for the posts guys. I figured I needed to work on my speed and my edge game as well. Yea at the moment DED feels weird doing sometimes which is why I RARELY attempt, but I'll try to incorporate it more. I didnt realize DED canceled missles until today so I'll use that against him as well. Thanks again for the comments on the vid. I'll probably try and have another vid of my improves later on.

Top Bottom