• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Semi-Banana Choke?

Jokes

Smash Cadet
Alright, I was messing around with Knee's second little combo, and I came across a possible semi-lock regarding the banana choke theory. If the opponent is at a low percent (0-25 depending on the character, I haven't tested that yet) face the opponent, and GT a nanner downward while sliding forward so that they trip forward, and you're behind them. Dtilt after they trip, so that they slip again, and then FTilt. FTilt, at low percents, makes the enemy slide across the ground instead of flying up. (Tilting it downward may help) Therefore, they'll slide onto the banana, allowing for another move. It's not completely tested, but I've been able to get off about 2-3 FTilts on some characters before they got out. You can end it with something else too. >_>
Characters stop sliding from an FTilt after certain percents, so it's definitely not an infinite, but it's a good way to rack up a bit of damage. If you banana lock the opponent, then dash up and JCT or GT down and forward, you can get it started in the other direction if you didn't rack up more than 25-30% depending on the character. Wuddaya guys think? o.o

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Just to get this out of the way, know you're using the term "Banana Choke" incorrectly; a Banana Choke is a Grab Release > Banana trip.

I actually noticed the F-Tilt idea as well, but I didn't think to incorporate it so much. I rather do like this property of F-Tilt. And yes, it definitely can be started out of a Banana Lock :)

DI might kill this one, though; that's why I was hesitant to mention it at the time. SDI would definitely stop it, since they'll probably not slide far enough to reach the Banana again if they SDI it right.

EDIT: Hobs, that was boss. After seeing that I've got faith in this idea, SDI or not.

Jokes

Smash Cadet
Just to get this out of the way, know you're using the term "Banana Choke" incorrectly; a Banana Choke is a Grab Release > Banana trip.

I actually noticed the F-Tilt idea as well, but I didn't think to incorporate it so much. I rather do like this property of F-Tilt. And yes, it definitely can be started out of a Banana Lock :)

DI might kill this one, though; that's why I was hesitant to mention it at the time. SDI would definitely stop it, since they'll probably not slide far enough to reach the Banana again if they SDI it right.

EDIT: Hobs, that was boss. After seeing that I've got faith in this idea, SDI or not.
Ahh, sorry, I interpreted "banana choke" as relying on the trip from sliding onto the banana into the lock. I didn't know grabbing was part of the lock. Sorry :/
I did a bit more testing, and if you throw a nanner at them, pick up the other one, then start the lock in the opposite direction, (if it's spaced correctly) they'll slip on one nanner, then slip again on the other one, allowing you to have more time to FTilt them, so this may be able to go all the way across the stage or until their percent racks up too much.
SDI might be a problem, but it may become irrelevant at higher percents, especially if you tip the FTilt. Just a guess, but, you gotta hope. :/

Edit: It works on some characters, and at different percents. It doesn't work on Falco, but it works on Snake and MK well. (especially Snake)
Theory: Heavier characters have a large animation, hitting both bananas more easily.

Jokes

Smash Cadet
Alright, so, the double banana slip is SUPER situational, since it varies different from each character because of weight and hitbox size, but the combo = 23 to 28% (counting the forward dribbled nanner and clap) after the banana lock, so it's still a viable option if you don't want to edgeguard or slam dunk them, (which hardly ever works against someone decent anyways) and I think it does more damage than (most) Dash Attack combos.

INPUT! >:O

Top Bottom