• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Selecting random while custom is on?

herukun

Smash Rookie
Will this randomly generate a character with random custom moves/equipment? or will it choose from one of the sets you've created?

Zorthax

Smash Rookie
It picks a random character with random moves and random equipment, obviously only from what you have unlocked. It's great if you want to mess around.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I'm amazed that the random-equipment- thing hasn't shown up in a nightmare yet

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Choosing the "Random" customization basically gives the character random equipment and custom specials per match; the customs will always change, making it impossible to use the same customizations more than once.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
As people have mentioned above, it only selects from what you have unlocked. In my case, since I absolutely loathe the idea of custom equipment, I've sold all of mine; so when I do this, I get a random character with a random selection of custom moves but no equipment.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As mentioned above, only the ones you've unlocked. Choosing your custom characters randomly is great if you just want to **** around and stuff just for the hell of it.

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
It will generate a random set from what equipment you have. One or two times, there was this weird glowing effect on my or a CPU's character.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
It's fun to toy with, but only with people that don't mind it. I've had a few friends confused as to what the hell was going on and wanted it off, I've had other friends find it fun to spice things up without adding too much luck-based chaos.

Top Bottom