• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seems to be the least chosen...

BulborbAdventurer

Smash Rookie
Olimar plays very differently from the last game. He has less pikmin, and a lot of playing him is about managing the pikmin you have now (you can't just spam pikmin throw and not expect to be punished for not having pikmin). Whistling is really important now, and some people have a hard time working that in. Olimar is no longer campy in the way he was in the last game.
In addition, Olimar is no longer the character he was in the last game. He is no longer top-tiered (although he's still pretty good). He lacks a giant grab range, has arguably less finishing power, and no longer has some of his damage building capabilities (can't have 5 pikmin whaling on someone and grab them, nor does his jab do as much damage).
Also, Olimar is very frustrating to play in online play; at least for me, lag always causes me to lose my pikmin because I can't keep track of their momentum when they freeze.

GameQ

Smash Cadet
Oli has zero range in this game. His f-air, up-smash, even grab range is all shorter. Good luck getting a hit in.

extremecoopster

Smash Cadet
NNID
kittykat2
I think Olimar is actually a bit frustrating to play against instead of playing with him. You can ruin tons of moves that recover (like Ikes side-b.) I have realized his potential of making opponents have to limit their options with a tiny little Pikmin on them. I may think he is a bit weaker but now he is able to acutally recover the best rather than one of the worst.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Maybe is a region thing or something like that, but I can't see very Olimar players out there, even when I'm playing FG.
In fact, I'm in a group of SSB4 Chile, and I believe that we are like 3 Olimar of more than 50 people.

Top Bottom