• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seems like something got done to the Wifi....

Nint3ndii77

Smash Rookie
First of all its only taking 3 secs to connect to the wifi connection, as opposed to the 9 secs earlier today. I also just got through playing to random matches and they seemed to run even smoother, and I definitely noticed less button lag. Anyone notice this? I did hear someone talkin bout Nintendo said they would fix something b4 the holidays...

xvrickh

Smash Rookie
Hmm... could be due to the lack of people playing since it's Christmas and they are out with family and such as well as it being a time of low traffic?

Nint3ndii77

Smash Rookie
Another thing I noticed. When theres a problem with a connection while waiting at the practice stage, it disconnects you a lot faster, instead of waiting another 30 seconds for it to say " connection to the other players lost".

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
well shoot, I'd better hop on random wifi then lol. I love teams :colorful:

btw I don't think traffic would change at all, in fact many families are probably trying out their new wiis ^_^

Nint3ndii77

Smash Rookie
Yea they probably expected that a lot more people would be getting Wii's and copies of Brawl, and figured they'd need more servers or some maintenance on them for the rush. I'm not sure, but it seems that its sorta central with their servers. Like each game's Wifi is effected by the other games.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I think lots of people got Wiis and Brawl today and decided to try out Wi-Fi. There's rarely a room where some guy doesn't know how to recover on most days, but half the people I fought today had no idea how to recover or were terrible at it. I went to many rooms, but didn't see a single taunt spammer. Just TONS of noobs and Final Destination. Weird there was no lag.

Top Bottom