• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seeking Practice Opponents

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
Hi I have signed up for Apex 2014 (my first tournament) and would like some more higher level practice. I think I'm just about ready to kick some butt myself so this would be mutually beneficial for someone else. Brawl 1v1, PM 1v1, and maybe even Brawl 2v2 opponents would be very helpful.

My friend code is 3827-0732-1645

D

Deleted member

Hi I have signed up for Apex 2014 (my first tournament) and would like some more higher level practice. I think I'm just about ready to kick some butt myself so this would be mutually beneficial for someone else. Brawl 1v1, PM 1v1, and maybe even Brawl 2v2 opponents would be very helpful.

My friend code is 3827-0732-1645
Hey, I have been looking for someone to practice with online. I think the practice can help improve my skills . I am not going to Apex because I need to train a lot in order to join a tournament but I think I can still help you since I have a lot of experience with the game. My friend code 1336-0694-5029 and the nickname is Tacos ( I will add you right away).

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Hey pal, I'll play too, just shoot me up a PM and we'll talk when. Although I'm not going to Apex, I'm still pretty good. Er, apparently.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
DanDan, I will register your friend code ASAP, and I will PM you about times. I'll PM you too Pikmin.

link2702

Smash Champion
So, about how good should one be before their first tournament?
unfortunately you'll never really know until you go to the tournament. If i had to say though, its after you have a fairly basic understand of the character matchups and what a lot of the high tiers are capable of. Likewise make sure to read up on the ruleset being used in said tournament first.

Tournaments themselves though are the best places to learn, none of the lag from wifi, people generally do want to help newcomers get better and start showing up as regulars, and you can watch some of the better players in your area and learn quite a bit from just watching them in action.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
#1 Be able to short-hop/tech consistently
#2 Be able to DI consistently (this counts SDI and momentum canceling)
#3 Know the metagame of your character and be able to use those combos/techniques seamlessly
#4 Have more than one main for different matchups
#5 Be comfortable enough to mix up your game and still play effectively
#6 Be able to beat a level 9 CPU and all your friends consistently
#7 Have your own style
#8 Understand spacing
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BOTTOM LINE: Do you have enough experience with the game in general to know your character's options for every situation and which of them will be most effective at that moment without thinking or being predictable?

And if you're interested in tournaments and you really want to know, play me.

GreeZ

Smash Rookie
#1 Be able to short-hop/tech consistently
#2 Be able to DI consistently (this counts SDI and momentum canceling)
#3 Know the metagame of your character and be able to use those combos/techniques seamlessly
#4 Have more than one main for different matchups
#5 Be comfortable enough to mix up your game and still play effectively
#6 Be able to beat a level 9 CPU and all your friends consistently
#7 Have your own style
#8 Understand spacing
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BOTTOM LINE: Do you have enough experience with the game in general to know your character's options for every situation and which of them will be most effective at that moment without thinking or being predictable?

And if you're interested in tournaments and you really want to know, play me.
WOW that's a lot. Not even close to their yet I'm sort of a noob... but I would love to play you!

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
Well my friend code is at the top of the page, so give me yours please.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I could also use some practice, I haven't played for a while so just PM me and I'll tell you my friend code.

Top Bottom