• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seeking Information from Tourney Go-ers/Knowledgable Users...

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
Here's the deal, I'm working on a 7.5 minute speech for a class I'm taking on How to Play Smash Bros.

As a draw, I'm trying to figure out some of the higher cash prizes and bets that have gone on in relation to matches/tourneys and any such related info that would assist my presentation. I've heard that Ken has won $5,000 from a few different tourneys and it seems that he made about $25,000 out of prize money as a total from his larger tourney wins last year. (Source on that one.)

That is the kind of info I'm looking for, even if not monitarily related. Anything I can use would be appereciated!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Including stipends Ken earned roughly $36,000 last year (not including underground tournaments). What isn't included in the wiki are his first place teams prizes with Isai. Last year at Las Vegas (MLG) Ken made $12,000 ($5,000 first place doubles, $3,000 third place singles, $4,000 season points winner).

THis year the largest payouts for tournaments have been:
EVO: $5,000 first place prize
Midnight Gaming Championship: $3,000 first place prize
Pound 2: $2,400 first place prize
FC6: $2,000 first place prize
SCC: $1,900 first place prize
OC 3: $1,600 first place prize (IIRC)

There have been DOZENS of tournaments in the $500-$1,000 range.

Top Bottom