• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seeking general tips in the Mario MU

Shakyy

Addicted to Ice.
NNID
Shakyy
Recently I have been getting a ton of experience in the Mario MU and it seems like a difficult mu for Mii brawler, Mario seems to be able to trade beneficially with Mii brawler a lot of the time around 70% in my games, and I was wondering whats the easiest way to force Mario into giving you free damage opportunities?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Mario's normals have better range than Mii Brawlers, so this can certainly be a problem. I guess his biggest weakness would be that he has to rely on a smash attack to get his kills, I can't really see him getting kills any other way. So scout one of them out and go for a power-shield grab if you can. Getting the Helicopter Kick kill is pretty important in this matchup (it generally is for most matchups but more-so for this one). Also, always recovery incredibly high, there isn't much he can do about it, just make sure you don't land into an Up-smash

Shakyy

Addicted to Ice.
NNID
Shakyy
Cheers, I've sort of been testing stuff in the lab, and I feel like Ultimate uppercut is especially good in this MU if you can force the mario to whiff an Up smash, all the other tips are really good I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom