• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

secret character spoiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksadkiller

Smash Apprentice
brawl has wi fi connection. but if you play online, will it give u all the characters to choose from? or just the starting roster? it wouldnt make sense to only let us use the starting roster? it would probly let us use the characters we unlocked already, but what about the other guy? i think it'll let us use all the secret characters too, and itll have the 2 players pick from the same roster. an i'm basing this on the fact that in super mario strikers online. u can pick the secret characters even though you havent unlocked them yet. tell me what you think

HZ514

Smash Cadet
First of all, I can't really see anyone getting upset because they chose to go online and found a character that they didn't know was in the game. Assuming that will happen...

Dojo might already have all the details on all the playable characters before Brawl releases. It's likely, at least.

It will have all the possible characters available in the online mode, because if it didn't, it would be complete garbage, plain and simple.

DarthWolf42

Smash Cadet
MPH unlocked the other hunters for you when you saw them online. I doubt the same this will happen in Brawl, but I'm sure they'll let you use all the characters you unlocked.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
no but the thing is, will they will show all the secret characters once u go online?
That depends on whether both players online select their characters on the same select screen or not, which I doubt

timbu

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they can use their character list and you can use yours?

Fighting against Sonic or something would make you want to stop getting ***** by him and go unlock him, right?

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
well, wifi option could be a secret option that u gotta unloak by getting all the characters or something like that dont u think?.
if not, its better if u could play with wifi before getting all the characters man, i dont know, is like the same..
MY 500 POST xd

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
That depends on whether both players online select their characters on the same select screen or not, which I doubt
that's a good point. so the only way that you would see a secret character is if the other player happens to select it, otherwise you would be limited to seeing just the list of characters that you already had to choose from.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
brawl has wi fi connection. but if you play online, will it give u all the characters to choose from? or just the starting roster? it wouldnt make sense to only let us use the starting roster? it would probly let us use the characters we unlocked already, but what about the other guy? i think it'll let us use all the secret characters too, and itll have the 2 players pick from the same roster. an i'm basing this on the fact that in super mario strikers online. u can pick the secret characters even though you havent unlocked them yet. tell me what you think
Nobody knows if it'll be like Mario Strikers. It could just as easily be like Mario Kart DS, where each person can only pick from the characters that they have unlocked. If your point is that you don't want the hidden characters to be spoiled, just don't go online until you've gotten all the characters.

PsychoIncarnate
They don't.

Zacoftheaxes

Smash Cadet
maybe you will fight someone how has only unlock all the characters you have unlock. unless it's a friend fight, in witch case, the probably would have spoiled something already.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
just because it has online doesn't mean all of the characters are unlocked from the start.

look at mario kart DS

Andromeda

Smash Lord
It would be cool if a "Challenger Approaching!"-screen would show up if you happen to fight someone with a character you yet have to unlock. If you beat him, you will unlock the character.

Zacoftheaxes

Smash Cadet
It would be cool if a "Challenger Approaching!"-screen would show up if you happen to fight someone with a character you yet have to unlock. If you beat him, you will unlock the character.
It'd make the game to easy, and if it's more than one person who gets the challenger approaching screen, you're stealing their chance.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
This would be better...

i you go online and fight some hiden character...firdt...brfore the battl you will get some kind of warning...it could even be in the screen where you are practicing with sand bag....

than in the fight... the only thing youll see is the drak siloette of the hidden character. You will be able to fight normally but the other player will be all black

Memo326

Smash Cadet
In Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, you can't ask for Pokémon you haven't seen in the game in the Global Trade Center. However, you can get Pokémon you haven't seen (or even Pokémon you're not supposed to obtain yet) from friends (i.e. you have their friend code). I think something more or less like that will happen in Brawl. You can go online with friends before you unlock all characters/stages, and if they choose a character you don't have, you get to see it before you were supposed to. And maybe the random online battles will have to be unlocked once all characters are unlocked, so you don't get spoiled in random battles.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps there will be an option where you can only play against someone with the same roster as you. I do like the black silhouette idea, but in some cases it would be obvious. "Hey, isn't that Ridley?.. aw crap!" *owned* :laugh:

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I don't think it's a big deal to see a character you haven't unlocked yet, because you'll already know they're in the game and/or will unlock them eventually.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
This would be better...

i you go online and fight some hiden character...firdt...brfore the battl you will get some kind of warning...it could even be in the screen where you are practicing with sand bag....

than in the fight... the only thing youll see is the drak siloette of the hidden character. You will be able to fight normally but the other player will be all black
Wow. Amazing idea.

Also, hasn't this been discussed multiple times even before WiFi was confirmed?

This is what I'm going to do:
Unlock every character, THEN play online.
Maybe I'll try and unlock all the stages too.
Well, it depends on how many unlockable things can/will be spoiled.

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
im hoping that wifi will be unlocked after all the charecter but seeing how its an update it doesnt seem bery likely

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I'm not even going to play online until I unlock every single character, then maby I'll fiddle with it, but even if I did play it before I wouldn't care to much about seeing a character that I hadn't yet unlocked.

The fun isn't in seeing how is unlockable, as if the Dojo doesn't reveal all I'm sure I'll find out from something else a few days/weeks before release.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Well i think that when you play someone you havn't unlocked yet... It will make them Dark black like dark link was in melee on the event.. .Or how the subcolor 4 was on debug... So then you could get an idea of their fighting style but you might not know who they are.... And I think you might only be able to play as the people you unlcok cause when the guy was selecting his profile picture and it showed the miis and stuff... It didn't show snake... He was announced.. I think it was either edited... Or it was you can only see the ppl you have.. But that would meen Snake has to be unlocked? This is confusing...:confused: (And I cant belebve no one has said showing the miis on the picture chooser thing hasnt made anyone think mii's are included in the game)

IllidR

Smash Champion
Playing online won't unlock all of the characters for you, that'd be stupid. You might get the ability to play as them but they won't be unlocked. And if you're crying because it'd be a spoiler, you went online, it was your choice.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well i think that when you play someone you havn't unlocked yet... It will make them Dark black like dark link was in melee on the event.. .Or how the subcolor 4 was on debug... So then you could get an idea of their fighting style but you might not know who they are.... And I think you might only be able to play as the people you unlcok cause when the guy was selecting his profile picture and it showed the miis and stuff... It didn't show snake... He was announced.. I think it was either edited... Or it was you can only see the ppl you have.. But that would meen Snake has to be unlocked? This is confusing...:confused: (And I cant belebve no one has said showing the miis on the picture chooser thing hasnt made anyone think mii's are included in the game)
The picture thing proves mii's aren't playable if anything if you actually look at it

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
If you don't want to be spoiled, don't play online until you get all the characters, moreover, the characters shouldn't be unlocked by simply playing online, that isn't logical.

StarIceRaptor

Smash Cadet
MPH unlocked the other hunters for you when you saw them online. I doubt the same this will happen in Brawl, but I'm sure they'll let you use all the characters you unlocked.
Correction: if you beat whoever was using the other hunter, you would unlock that hunter.

As for Brawl, you should be able to use any character you unlocked, and each player should have a seperate roster screen during character selection. If you don't want things spoiled for you, don't play online until you've unlocked everything.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
yeah it's most likely just going to let you choose any character you have unlocked so far. It will most likely include something saying "Spoiler Warnings: Play at your own risk!" just don't play until you have all characters unlocked

Hungry Gamer

Smash Apprentice
Me thinks that you can only play the charaters that you have in your roster. If your opponent plays a character you haven't seen, thats them, you still have to unlock the character for yourself. Same goes for stages, if you go to a stage you haven't unlocked, thats your preview. If you have to choose the stage, you and you opponents can only choose from your roster.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
I don't see what the big deal is. To me seeing a secret character would have me curious to find out how to unlock it.

pirkid

Smash Lord
1. Like Mario Kart, it doesn't matter what the oopnent chooses, it's spoiled for you.
2. Your forced to play with someone that chooses only characters that you have in your roster.

Once again!
Don't go online until you have unlocked everything, if you don't want the secrets to be ruined.

They're gonna be all over the Internet though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom