• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

secondary

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Ok I need a good secondary character for one specific purpose. In the past month every single one of my losses has come to a sometype of chian grabber. I can beat some of the very best online players. Then some ****ty *** falco comes along and beats me, its getting old. I just got beat by an IC player who would chian grab me to edge then downthrow to spike, all 3 ko's. I need a character that can beat the 5 bad chian grabbers, hell don't even need to be able to outplay em, just not get grabbed. Pikachu/Falco/DDD/IC/Kirby. I'm sick and tired of ever single loss coming to this stupid tech or whatever u wanna call it.

I usually second sheik/mario, sheik is good against DDD's since she can't be chian grabbed, but she gets ***** by kirby/ic/falco/pikachu. I will not play as mk or snake so don't bother. I'm sure this is the bane of other wolf players to. I just hate being better than a player in every aspect than grabs, hell i've fought falco's where i will laser so he can reflect till i'm 50% before i start fighitng, i'd rather start 50% to 0% then 0 to 0. Any good suggestions? He can get dominated by snake or any other dumb char, i'd also like them to be able to avoid the dk stage spike kill. *god grabs are so annoying in brawl*

§witch

Smash Lord
Game and watch. THE best CG counter. But if you want to counter all of them, you need more than one character. Nut G&W is your best bet.

Gibby

Smash Cadet
Have you considered the Ice Climbers?
Having two characters is the ultimate anti-chaingrab.
If they grab one climber, the other can smash them.

Fugu15

Smash Cadet
You can tech the DK stage spike, which usually puts you in a good position to spike dk, who is below you.
Have a friend stage spike you over and over, the timing is not that bad.

The chain grabbers are an awful fight for wolf. My housemate mains the most chain grabbiest laser gimp cheap falco of all time and the only thing that works is literally playing the match to not get grabbed.

Wasn;t Zamus pretty much immune to chaingrabbed using her down b?

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about zamus. I think I can avoid the spike from falco 90% of the time, but last night made me so mad. He only landed 3 moves and got all 3 stocks, 0-death chain grab all 3 times. Wobble to edge to the spike, nothing I can do. DDD is the easiest prolly, kirby/falco/IC are the worst though. I did find out Zelda can't be chaingrabbed by falco, so i'm going to consider using Zelda when low precent then go sheik once i get above 50%. Its still not a great matchup, but alot better than wolf vs falco. Kirby though he's a tough one, he can chaingrab most characters, wolf 0-42%, can kill at 90% and has awesome air ability. He's a great character without the chaingrab, so I need something that can actually play well against him, unfortunently sheik gets owned by kirby for ltos of reasons, curious how zelda will do though.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I personally go with D3, ROB, and Snake with my wolf.

Hi snad.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
I use a lot with my wolf but mainly

Falco
Diddy Kong
Jiggypuff
Fox

I can also throw in a decent R.O.B, Dedede, Snake, Metaknight, Toon Link and Olimar when needed.

I can also put in a mediocre Marth, Ice Climbers, Sheik, Game and Watch, and Caption Falcon

Yea I use a lot of characters. Just vary to counter accordingly.

boricuaboycoco2

Smash Rookie
You should try Diddy he can use his bananas a lot to stop people from running up and grabbing you.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
diddy and his banana games is one of the most amazing things ive seen in brawl. im trying to pick up on diddy.

Top Bottom