• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondary Sheik

TK421

Smash Rookie
My best friend(Triad) mains a Sheik and I just recently decided to secondary her, all of my experience with Sheik has come from playing his *** all the time. So.. relatively new Sheik here.

BTW Triad, I'm not copying you with vanish and DACUS kills, those are totally used by everyone, right?

BTW, INC Triad to the greater Tallahassee area tournaments, forewarning, Triad can DACUS on command and has godly combos. Be afraid.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
My best friend(Triad) mains a Sheik and I just recently decided to secondary her, all of my experience with Sheik has come from playing his *** all the time. So.. relatively new Sheik here.

BTW Triad, I'm not copying you with vanish and DACUS kills, those are totally used by everyone, right?

BTW, INC Triad to the greater Tallahassee area tournaments, forewarning, Triad can DACUS on command and has godly combos. Be afraid.
Well since you are just starting to use Sheik then you should try to get into the habit of only using your tilts this is especially true for the ftilt. Sheiks ftilt can replace almost all of her ground attacks and is for the most part always the best answer unless someone is like right above you which calls for a utilt.

Focus most of your attention on Sheiks ftilt, learn it's range, learn it's speed, learn it's tilt lock %, learn the foot spacing, and so on.

Honestly, if I were you I would also try to use sheik dsmash as little as possible, yes it's great to punish spot dodgers and also only comes out in four frames but getting into the habit now of turning around and ftilt someone instead of just dsmash them will help you greatly down the road.

Oh, and the fsmash sucks, use a ftilt into strong nair. It's stronger and reliable.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
A few things I did whilst starting that are bad:

F Smash spam.
Turning into Zelda for the kill when I had no ****ing idea how to use her well. You can't just U Smash.
Be very aerial, seriously I was never off the ground and it's better to have a good mix.
Not use the Chain.
Getting desperate for the kill and becoming predictable.
Not F Tilting constantly.

Just don't fall into these traps.

Top Bottom