• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondary for toon link?

Breezyspeed

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5300-8379-8151
I've been maining toon link ever since brawl, and I want a secondary that could fill in his weaknesses, I've been thinking and practicing with meta knight but I wanted another secondary.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I don't think this is really the right place to post this. However, I will try to help.

Toon Link's weakness is that when the opponent gets in (in other words, gets past his wall of projectiles), he get's comboed very hard or punished with a strong move. This means that against characters like Sonic and Mario, he sometimes struggles because they are both very good at getting close to their opponents and racking up damage. You may want to pick up a character with a good combo breaker or even a character that is good at getting in and performing combos themselves.

Breezyspeed

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5300-8379-8151
I don't think this is really the right place to post this. However, I will try to help.

Toon Link's weakness is that when the opponent gets in (in other words, gets past his wall of projectiles), he get's comboed very hard or punished with a strong move. This means that against characters like Sonic and Mario, he sometimes struggles because they are both very good at getting close to their opponents and racking up damage. You may want to pick up a character with a good combo breaker or even a character that is good at getting in and performing combos themselves.

Lonkthetim

Smash Rookie
Since everyone else is saying to pick a character that doesn't flounder upon being approached I might suggest someone like Corrin, his projectile's not the best but it can zone an enemy or force them to do something they otherwise wouldn't do and if they get in close Corrin's more than capable of dealing with it.

Top Bottom