• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondary for Ganon?

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
My main is and has been Ganon ever since I started playing smash, which was a couple years ago. Now, getting into the tournament scene, I think I should adopt a second character, seeing as Ganon doesn't do so great against higher tier characters. My problem is, I know most characters would be good choices, but I want to focus on only one. Who would you guys suggest as a Secondary for Ganon?

pdk

Smash Lord
dk (for the same slow-but-strong feel but not quite so extreme in that sense) or marth (has most bases covered pretty well)

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
Falco works pretty well, overall good match ups except for Peach and maybe a little bit IC, but Ganon does okay versus those two.

But really this is all up to your playing style.

Soma

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the space animals is the best example but alot of the top tier have no true counters just some soft counters, so I would recommend just picking up another character that you like to play. Or go to the character specific forums, and look at some characters that you might think of playing and get an idea of their play style, see who would be most suitable for yourself.

But personally I second Ganon, and main Fox and I love the combo, such different styles. But, if you don't personally like Fox then try Falco or even Shiek, even if you have problems with Shiek, I think the ditto goes pretty smoothly sometimes.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Do you want a character that counters top tiers or do you want a character that counters Sheik?

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^agreed^^^

I, too, main Ganon after dropping Fox after realizing advanced techs and tiers. Nothing against top-tier characters (save Sheik), but my fingers couldn't move fast enough to do anything that was demanded of me. So, I picked up Ganon.

I then ran into that transvestite ***** Sheik. So, I tried to figure out something that countered her, and later Falco. I could pick up Fox again (ugh), Falco, Sheik (and be a hypocrit? NEVER!), Peach (another despised character. /pass), Marth, or...Jiggly.

So, I'm screwin' around with Jiggs and Marth. I prefer Marth, really, but I'm not too good with 'em.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
I think I'm going to try Sheik. The Space Animals are a little too fast for me, but Sheik seems about right. Might try Marth too, but he's overplayed, IMHO. Thanks for all the suggestions, though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think I'm going to try Sheik. The Space Animals are a little too fast for me, but Sheik seems about right. Might try Marth too, but he's overplayed, IMHO. Thanks for all the suggestions, though.
Wait, what? Sheik is a low-tier counter. She has a disadvantage against space animals.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Sheik's a good general alternative, but you'll probably run into people who MAIN Sheik and they'll chain grab your Sheiky brains out. I really think that Falco is one of the best secondaries for almost every character, including Ganon. His only really bad match-ups are Fox, Falco, Sheik and Falco isn't that tough once you counterpick a small stage. Fox and Sheik are now your main enemies and Falco can do really well against these two. Pillaring doesn't take TOO long to learn, so Fox is set. And Falco combos Sheik pretty well, so you shouldn't have TOO much trouble there.

If you want to be original though, someone already suggested Doc. Doc and Mario can give the top three a fit, seeing as he can chain grab all three of them pretty well and he can edge guard the cajones off of Fox and Falco. Sheik might take a bit of getting used to, but the Mario's might be an interesting and unexpected counterpick. But all things considered, try to go w/ a character that isn't too far off from your style, which is another reason Doc is a good choice. He really is just a watered down Ganon.

Top Bottom