• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondary Final Smashes

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, having checked around to see if there was a thread on this and turning up with nothing substantial, I figured I'd go ahead and make it.

So the other day I was considering the current set of Final Smashes, and how many of them only explore certain aspects of a character or are new material for them, such as Luigi, Bowser or Lucario, while others are given Final Smashes related to their direct character: Fox, Ganondorf, and Sonic.

One of the ways I feel would best add more flavor to each character would be to give each character a different, second Final Smash, that they could select on the character screen before a match after picking their character. It's sort of similar to Super Street Fighter 4's Ultra IIs, and allows for more variety in supers and characterization.

That, and it would give them a chance to give each character a Final Smash that both appeals to the fans and expands their character. Example:

Luigi

Final Smash 1: Negative Zone

Final Smash 2: Poltergust Bust - Starts spraying fire, water and ice elementals in random directions at enemies with the Poltergust.

I'm going to put up a couple more ideas, and I'd really love to see: 1. If you guys feel this has some weight or if I'm just blowing smoke. 2. What you guys can come up with. Feel free to include potential characters, in addition to vets.

Donkey Kong

Final Smash 1: Konga Beat (Thanks Frostwraith for the name)

Final Smash 2: Rambi Charge - Similar to his SSBC FS, DK mounts Rambi (or turns into him) and can ram into enemies for massive damage.

Lucario

Final Smash 1: Aura Storm

Final Smash 2: Close Combat - (I imagine this looking and working like Raging Demon) Lucario sweeps towards a target and barrages them with physical attacks, ending in HEAVY knockback.

So yeah! Just an idea I've been tossing around.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I also had this idea. Something like SSF4's second Ultras (like you mentioned) wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

It could be a good idea for Samus to have a new FS that didn't force her to switch to Zero Suit Samus and vice versa.

My ideas for Bowser:

Final Smash I: Giga Bowser
Same as Brawl. Transform into Giga Bowser for increased attack power and resistance.

Final Smash II: Koopa Clown Car
Board the Koopa Clown Car and use the A button to throw Mecha-Koopas or the B button to shoot a powerful cannonball. You can also charge at the opponents, ramming them with the vehicle.

Also, DK's Final Smash is named Konga Beat.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^^

Thanks! Can't believe I forgot the name of DK's.

Love that idea for Bowser, especially since I think he needs something that represents his, y'know, tremendous repertoire outside of Smash Bros., where he's been in 7 billion Mario titles. And the Clown Car is boss.

Oh! Another one I thought of, that actually sparked this idea for me a couple weeks ago:

Mario

Final Smash 1: Mario Finale

Final Smash 2: Power Star - It might be simple, it might seem boring, but I think it'd be an excellent "finisher" for Mario. It's the most iconic instant-death ability in the series, and I'm really surprised they didn't do this first.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Final Smash 2: Power Star - It might be simple, it might seem boring, but I think it'd be an excellent "finisher" for Mario. It's the most iconic instant-death ability in the series, and I'm really surprised they didn't do this first.

Perhaps its because the star was already an item that made a character briefly invincible (not that that stopped them from making the Screw Attack an item despite that Samus can use it as her up-special). Another alternative for Mario's Final Smash could be the Mega Mushroom someone mentioned before on this site.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Perhaps its because the star was already an item that made a character briefly invincible (not that that stopped them from making the Screw Attack an item despite that Samus can use it as her up-special). Another alternative for Mario's Final Smash could be the Mega Mushroom someone mentioned before on this site.

...and then I totally forgot the Star was an item. Credibility? What's that?

Honestly, I guess it's the fact that I hardly ever play with items on, but still find FS's interesting that I forgot. Alas!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I've said it since a few days after Brawl came out that a second final smash for each character would make sense.

Personally, I'd give every character one "super attack" (like Mario's Super Fireball attack, Marth's Critical Hit, and Link's/Tink's Triforce Slash) and one "super transformation" (Giga Bowser, Landmaster, Gyro ROB).

It'd also be cool if the latter was made into its' own mode, and you could have multiple of them. Seriously, IMAGINE PLAYING AS A LANDMASTER FIGHTING GIGA BOWSER!!!! :eek:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I would leave the possibility to execute both final smashes in a match.
By pressing different buttons (A smash for combat attacks, B for transformation) or something like "building up" your final smash. Once you have the final smash, you can use immediately a weaker final smash, or keep it for 10 seconds to have a stronger one. Obviously it's risky since you can loose the ball.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I want the Fart explosion see in the Brawl reveal as Wario's alternate Final Smash.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I was going to suggest that Mario's second Final Smash could have been when he eats a mushroom and turn into giant Mario but then I remembered the mushroom is already an item..

I can't think of a second Final Smash for Fox or any other character but what they should have did in Brawl was give Fox the Jet as his Final Smash and gave Falco the Land Master and gave Wolf some kind of Rage Mode based Final Smash to bring in more uniqueness.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I was going to suggest that Mario's second Final Smash could have been when he eats a mushroom and turn into giant Mario but then I remembered the mushroom is already an item..

I can't think of a second Final Smash for Fox or any other character but what they should have did in Brawl was give Fox the Jet as his Final Smash and gave Falco the Land Master and gave Wolf some kind of Rage Mode based Final Smash to bring in more uniqueness.
Falco's first final smash should be piloting an arwing and his second final smash could be calling in the rest of team starfox to attack the stage with arwings.

Fox's Final smashes would probably Landmaster and calling in an orbital bombardment from the Great Fox.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I could easily see Wario's second final smash being a Warioware minigame of sorts.

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
A second final smash for Dedede should be a transformation into Masked Dedede, DK should get a super punch (like how he punched the moon), Ness could get PSI Rockin'.

Top Bottom