• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondary Character

NJDubs

Smash Rookie
Hi y'all, I was looking at the Dedede matchup thread and was thinking about a secondary to cover some of the king's less favourable opponents. I found these from a link in the OP of the matchup thread.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/User:9bit#Dedede_Matchup_Chart

This list includes:
-Mario
-Link
-Toon Link
-ZSS
-Fox
-Falco
-Wolf
-Ivy
-Lucario
-Lucas
-Roy
-Pit
-Sanic
-Snake

Keep in mind I'm not expecting one character to cover ALL of these matchups. Any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Probably best to focus on DDD's absolutely awful match-ups. If you've got a 60:40 losing matchup, you should still be able to win by outplaying your opponent. No need to pick up a secondary for those match-ups.

With that said, you're left with Link/Ivy that have really strong match-ups vs. DDD.

Link has little to no bad match-ups.
Ivy has a hard time dealing with fast mobile characters (MK, Sonic, Fox, Falco).

I think your best bet is to go with a solid top-tier mobile character to cover DDD's weaknesses.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
dedede has very few bad match ups

i honestly think dedede bops spacies, and for all the other bad match ups you can use Falcon since they're all combo food.

Last edited:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Bops? Meh.

Fly was able to keep his own vs. DEHF. But I can't see how DDD straight up bops them. Especially Falco.

L Pag

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2191-7643-9888
I'm not too good on matchups, but I main Diddy/Zard and use Dedede as a secondary, and he seems to work well with that. I would say I get the most synergy with him and Diddy, though

Top Bottom