• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondary advice?

PJB

Smash Cadet
So I currently play villager and have a secondary sheik but this isn't working out too well for me. I play sheik in melee as well and frankly my sm4sh sheik is simply not on the level of my villager. The times I've used my sheik in tournament have never gone well, and I'm also noticing a decline in my melee sheik play which could be a result of playing her in both games. I'm looking to pick up a new secondary instead, and I need this new character primarily to cover the megaman, link/toon link, and Rosalina matchups, and ideally they would also be at least even vs fox/falco. Any recommendations?

zFrost

how do i title
NNID
z13124
well there's 2 options,

1. just get ur villager good enough to where they don't matter as much, mm tlink i feel u can wall out enough, i didn't mention link because pocketing gale isn't as good as a normal boomerang other than that tho the mu seems the same, rosa throw lloids at them if they down b see if u can punish for it, don't even try to challenge her uair if ur in the air most the time

2. secondary as ur doing.

PJB

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the input! I'd prefer to pick up a secondary if possible, I was thinking maybe fox? My logic is that a strong rush down character might help me out in those matchups specifically where I often feel out-camped

ThatStrangeDoll

Smash Cadet
for a secondary ive been trying to pick up mii brawler. he covers many of villagers bad matchups and plays differently enough that it wont mess my villager.

BlazikenGod

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheBlazikenGod
3DS FC
4270-2333-8179
I use Fox and Meta Knight as secondaries and they do pretty well as secondaries for Villy

PJB

Smash Cadet
Hm Mii brawler is interesting I hadn't really considered him. And yeah I'm leaning towards fox I think he seems to fit my playstyle better than some of the others I've tried

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Fox does well vs MM and Link (so I assume TL as well)

And Villager does pretty well vs Rosa anyways if you know what to expect, so maybe Fox WOULD be good ;D

Top Bottom