• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondaries to cover WFT's poor MUs?

Vossy

Smash Rookie
I don't play nearly as much to figure out WFT's matchups, and I want to secondary another character or two: WFT really does need to take a break or two so those muscles don't get too sore.

The only thing I can say is that Sheik doesn't really help WFT too much.

Any advice on MUs and good secondaries is appreciated.

EDIT: Grammar

Last edited:

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
I don't know about you, but I like playing opposites. Personally I'd go with a heavy like Bowser or Dedede, or go with someone like Jigglypuff who can easily get in and out of your opponent's face.

CoolPalMitch

Smash Cadet
NNID
mitchgamelover
Most of WFT's bad matchups are due to their attacks having such particularly small hitboxes. Because of this, they have trouble with small characters (Kirby, Jigglypuff, or Greninja since he's always in a crouching stance). The thing is, this shortcoming is pretty much exclusive to them. There's no specific character that you need to "counter" this, so any other character you like to use should be viable!

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I usually use Shulk against projectile based short characters (like DH) since his longer reach, longer-lasting attacks and ability to chase well usually helps.

But yeah, any character that can deal a good amount of damage in just one hit should work against those annoying shorties.

KiteSC

Smash Cadet
I think one problem I do have is that since her hitbox is bad, on top of what is already said about small characters, I also do have some trouble against swords. Not a terrible amount but they do give a harder time.

But then again, WFT has the speed and zoning potential to not care too much about swords as well.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Complete_Dweeb couldn't have said it any better.

MU thread is here in case you missed it: CLICK ME

As for general MU advice:
Learn your footsies. A thin frame + good movement speed all around means you get a lot more out of these fundamentals than most characters.

I'd also recommend mastering all of your movement options. WFT benefits immensely from pretty much everything the mechanics have available.

Top Bottom