• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seagull Joe claims he "knows things" about Jr. And is showcasing at the next VG Local

Shiznaz

Smash Rookie
Be sure to tune in.

Hoping I can catch his play with the character, see what he might know/do. Tips/tricks.

Keep an eye out Koopalings!

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Any word on when it's going to be held? I'd definitely like to drop in and have a peek. I know for a fact that people (myself included) have been trying to bust him, seeing as he's got a ton of potential, but there's been nothing major yet. I wonder if he's for real.

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
He's going to get bodied by Diddys and Rosalinas.

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
Whispers he'll never make it

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
Whoa Hungrybox is gonna be there???

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
Yeah but is Hbox gonna be there? That's the important question.

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
The stream is still going on, is he still in?

Darn stream went out on my end and I only caught the end of game 2. Going for upsmash with the mechakoops approaching from behind is how i lost in houston this past saturday. Dunno why that lucina didnt just shield the whole thing. Nice fair through the platform and bairs tho.

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
I saw like 2 seconds of it >< But if no one's going "OOOH OOOH HOW'D HE DO THAT OOOH" I guess I'm not missing too much?

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
Laaaaame. Hope he brings back Jr in a future match.

He friendlied with gimr. SD on halberd, second game nothing special but his movement was fluid. Goes for Bair a lot. Nothing to take home but the movement is good though, I need to get used to sensitive controls so I don't get input errors.

Nothing. He went junior for the last game in grand finals and got wrecked. Unsafely used down b when boss was offstage but close, ate an upsmash. Then got gimped hard.
the movement was good tho (when he wasn't in hitstun), think he tried a pivot fmash.
Razer (houston) showed a better Morton, cool stuff like drop down fair to cover low recoveries and b reversed mechakoopa.

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Nothing. He went junior for the last game in grand finals and got wrecked. Unsafely used down b when boss was offstage but close, ate an upsmash. Then got gimped hard.
the movement was good tho (when he wasn't in hitstun), think he tried a pivot fmash.
Razer (houston) showed a better Morton, cool stuff like drop down fair to cover low recoveries and b reversed mechakoopa.
Drop down Fair and b-reversed Mechkoopa are basic stuff.

:018:

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
How did you feel about the tournament Joe?

Jebril

Smash Apprentice
I want some advance tactics in this game, right now it's mostly a read based game and not so much technical. I miss the Brawl things like Glide Toss, DACUS, edge cancelling, etc. :(

Without that kind of thing Bowser Jr. feels so meh, imagine Bowser Jr. with a glide toss, at least that way he'd have some kind of approach or real mobility.

Top Bottom