• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scrubs: The best show ever?

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I am refusing to watch the "new season" of "Scrubs".

With the last episode of season 8, they didn't just wrap up the "season", but the entire series. It's ridiculous to go back on that and make a spin off.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Scrubs is the best show ever. Then the Office.
'Nuff Said.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Wow old thread.

Scrubs is awesome, has unique and random moments.
Not the best show.

@Fogo: I love Heroes, watched every ep up til season 4, then it kinda goes down hill, but still good.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Well I watched the new episodes. As someone who never followed Scrubs religiously, I thought the new series was pretty good. Funnier than I expected it to be.

But there were a few things that bugged me. I don't really know how medical school works, but it seems really odd that these students entering medical school for their supposed first day are already running around a hospital, speaking to patients, doing small jobs and being questioned on anything and everything. Not very realistic. Why couldn't they just be interns?

I also hate the Cole kid. He seems familiar but either way, it doesn't change his terrible character. Seriously, what? Funny (ish) for a side character but not for a main role.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
But there were a few things that bugged me. I don't really know how medical school works, but it seems really odd that these students entering medical school for their supposed first day are already running around a hospital, speaking to patients, doing small jobs and being questioned on anything and everything. Not very realistic. Why couldn't they just be interns?
Yeah, the whole premise of the new show doesn't make any sense. That's one of the things I liked about real Scrubs: yeah, they added in a lot of jokes and humor and things, but ultimately it was an accurate portrayal of how things actually work in a hospital.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Yeah. I can hold a certain amount of disbelief. In fact, I quite happily do for most movies and shows (I can even accept that it's a giant coincidence the majority of the old cast are now teachers at the same medical school). But in new Scrubs, it seems the whole premise of the show now rests on a lie. Ruins my enjoyment a little.

First year medical students (on their first days, no less!!) shouldn't be doing what Scrubs makes them out to be doing.

Still, there's some very funny scenes. The angry man-woman is my favourite character :)

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Have any of you actually been to medical school?

The new eps were pretty good but it seems to be rehashing a lot... the new main student girl is a pretty blatant amalgam of season 1 JD and Elliott and the plot about her getting help for the drunk who just relapses was done a few times.

At this point I'd rather have all the old regulars gone except Doctor Professor Cox and have it go in completely new directions.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Have any of you actually been to medical school?
I am in medical school. The British system is pretty different so it's hard for me to make any real comments. But I can tell you that freshers over here wouldn't even dream to go into a hospital and interact with patients the way Scrubs portrays them to.

They would also have absolutely zero medical knowledge - the whole reason they have entered medical school in the first place... :p

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I dont understand as to why they would have zero medical knowledge.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Because they just started medical school. The first two years of medical school (at least in the US) are when they learn basic science, ie, classroom stuff. Not clinical work and rotations, which occur in 3rd and 4th years.

Top Bottom