• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scorpion vs. Sub Zero

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
You just took a background and pasted a bunch of renders in there. Big deal. You want a cookie?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Hey man, in the future do you mind keeping stuff you make in one thread instead of making new ones each time? Just to save space. You could add them to this thread if you want and just edit your first post.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You just took a background and pasted a bunch of renders in there. Big deal. You want a cookie?
It's comments like these that discourage people from posting anything.

While I agree the cut and paste seems like not enough effort was put into it, I wouldn't be coming off rude like that.

I'd encourage him to actually draw that match, rather than do the cut and paste. Shesk, try to put some heart into it.

Shesk

Smash Cadet
Wooow its not just copying and pasting but mad layers and rendering the pics i find, and placing, people like black waltz are immature and needs to keep the mouth shut cause nobody wants to hear negativity. And your right, i didnt put heart into this, I WAS BORED, relax...

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
There wasn't any effort put into it, which is why I was being rude. 4 Scorpions vs 4 Sub-Zeros? Doesn't make sense to me. And 2 of the pairs aren't even looking at each other. And I think you wasted your time rendering these by yourself since you can probably find them on any other GFX site. And by "mad layering" do you mean that you have 9 layers from the copy/paste? Because I don't see any blending or color adjustments to make it seem like anything other than copy/paste was done. Think about it, some of your renders are lower quality than others; it looks really awkward like that. Things just don't "fit" in here. Hope you find some of that more useful.

And about being immature, don't think so. It's just the way I critique. If you're really passionate about GFX, you'll ask me later how to improve.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Black Waltz as real as I remembered. I enjoy that kind of critique to be honest.
Honestly the only reason I started critiquing like that was because new GFXers never listened to my advice on improving, how self-critique is the best critique, etc. I definitely tried to be civil, encouraging and positive but some artists (Dinkoman for example) never take the traditional CnC seriously and maintain their bad habits. People only started changing their habits after I insulted or berated their work as pieces of trash, and I kind of went with that from there.

Top Bottom