• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scorpico Miami Brawl Tournament. July 26th

Whoman

Smash Rookie
I'm posting this for my friend, its kind of last minute.

Location : Scorpico Multiplayer Miami,FL 2nd Floor next to Johnny Rockets.
5701 Sunset Drive, Suite 268

Gathering times - 11A.M for friendlies/worm ups.

Registry times will begin at 11 till 12:30. Starting time will begin at 1P.M

Entry fee - 10$/player singles ONLY

Prizes - 1st place 40% of pot + other prizes
2nd place money back + Scorpico gift cards
3rd place Scorpico gift cards.

Rules - BYOC,

Matches

Stages:

Neutral Stages: These will be on random. Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks available: Delfino Plaza, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, Pictochat, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Jungle Japes, Pokémon Stadium

All other stages are BANNED.

This is a small tournament, We are just starting here we hope we get a lot of people and if we do we will try to do our best to give you a great time.

i know the prizes are not very appetizing, but this is just a start everything will get better if we do well.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I understand this is your first tournament, so I'll give you some pointers regarding the rules for your future tournies:

In typical average-sized tournies, no one takes the pot and it's usually split between 60/30/10 for the top 3 (this can vary depending on the number of entrants).

Doubles usually goes first, followed by singles.

The neutrals aren't bad per se, but I think a lot of tournies lately have simply been using SV/BF/FD for neutrals, mainly 'cause YI has the random platforms and the shy guys which can effect the gameplay in some way, and Lylat because of the stage tillts which can really be bad for certain characters. I'd recommend moving both of these stages to the counterpicks in the future.

For counterpicks, you wanna take out Pokemon Stadium 2 and Pictochat. Jungle Japes' legality is often debated, so do what you want with that stage.

Whoman

Smash Rookie
i was at the lan center and made this post in like 5minutes.. was kinda rushed i felt bad cause he had signs up at his lan and that was his only promotion. told him about the boards and made a quick post. i'm going to try and help him out more on the next tourn most likely.

Scorpico

Smash Rookie
5701 Sunset Drive Suite: 268

Where exactly is this tournament? Can you provide a specific address please?
The address is:

5701 Sunset Drive, suite: 268
South Miami, Fl, 33143

We are located inside the Mall of Sunset Place, second floor near Johnny Rockets.
its a very nice mall:bee:

Top Bottom